30D Price is falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steplim

May 11, 2005
One North
Just checked out price of 30D in HCMC, Vietnam. It cost only US$ 1,100 Cash and +3% for Credit payment. It covers Local warranty from Vietnam and Japan.

Is this a good deal?:)

Just checked out price of 30D in HCMC, Vietnam. It cost only US$ 1,100 Cash and +3% for Credit payment. It covers Local warranty from Vietnam and Japan.

Is this a good deal?:)

humm...the warranty doesn't work in Singapore. The price is also not so much diff. If just $100-$200 diff in price, I rather buy in Singapore.

Yap! the only good deal I think is the exchange rate from USD to SGD is to our advantage. If convert to SGD with current exchange rate of 1 USD = 1.53 SGD, it is only SGD 1,683.

You are right, if the diff. is not significant, it really doesn't make sence not to get local SG warranty and free gifts??

2nd hand 30D also dropping...alot are clearing their 30D....40D coming???

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Yeah...In HK, the price is HKD$7,450 - still can negotiate a bit...the shop is DC Power at Sim City in Mong Kok.

the 5D is going for HKD17,600 or HKD24*** with the 24-105 L lens. Both come with HK/China 2 year warranty.

Yeah...In HK, the price is HKD$7,450 - still can negotiate a bit...the shop is DC Power at Sim City in Mong Kok.

convert to Sing, it is only about $1450...so much cheaper than buy new in sing, I can even fly there to buy and come back, still cheaper. But warrenty only cover HK.

convert to Sing, it is only about $1450...so much cheaper than buy new in sing, I can even fly there to buy and come back, still cheaper. But warrenty only cover HK.

warranty doesn't matter, at this price S$1450 it's even cheaper than used sets selling in Clubsnap.

bottomline, is Canon Singapore price differently..... That is why until now I never buy canon DSLRs. Don't want to be treated like 2nd class citizens compared to rest of the world.

$1600 Body Only..
$1800 with Kit lens..

Just a quick question here. Is it really make sense to buy overseas where USD is the quoted price. There is no significant price reduction as compared to same currency as in my case in Vietnam but huge savings when it comes to exchange rate to SGD......:( but... only local warrenty.:cry: how?? perhaps wait a little longer until May/Jun to see what happen to 40D launch... maybe 40D is priced below 2K SGD.:think:

If this is the case, than I will jump on 40D wagen.:bsmilie:

where are these price from? Singapore or Hongkong?

Overseas source..
one of them is www.jpckemang.com
AFAIK all of Canon D-SLR now is applying local warranty, it's better if you have colleage or friends in the respective local site for easier access once having problem with your gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.