#1:
aIMG_1657.jpg

#2:
aIMG_1550.jpg

#3:
IMG_15691.jpg

#4:
IMG_15141.jpg

Thanks for viewing, thanks in advance. :sweat: hope these appeal to you...

ur pics all look underexposed and abit blury.
for pic #4.. the model's hands are chopped off :nono:..sort of 'amputated'..doesnt work for me
just my 2 cents :)

white balance is a bit off. leejay is the master. look at the skintone.

is it your focusing or is it your lens?

every pic aint sharp to me at all.

maybe not every pic not sharp but underexposure is quite apparent.

to me, every pic is not sharp at all.
if his focusing is spot on, it must be the lens.

the 'sharpest' pic is probably #5.

it was sharper b4 i scaled it down, could this be the reason?

Yo former Lumixer :D

Lovely ladies but the photos look underexposed and shaky as well. Cheers.
underexposed for all??? i thot they were revealing quite a bit already leh.. just joking.. think there's something wrong with my camera.. cos got another guy use my camera, the results also like that, cant be settings right?? camera bought 2nd from another lumixer leh.. haha..

is it 'repairable' in PS???

to me, every pic is not sharp at all.
if his focusing is spot on, it must be the lens.

the 'sharpest' pic is probably #5.
maybe i'll post an original size pic tonight..

shldve done something abt the lighting on the pics..
any concrete advice on how to do that?? lighting as in during the actual shoot? (ambience) or in the levels in PS???

Thanks all for the advice. Keep it coming.. im learning so much more thru this...

I like one of the pictures, another one is close but not there yet, and the rest, rather forgetable. Let me talk about the rest first.

#4, with the model lying on a table, nice try, but the composition is way off. The styling does not fit the post. The sole of the shoe showing is very distracting, never a good idea. Any what dont you jsut step back a little, compose the picture without cropping of knees, arms and wrists? The background though out of focus, is very cluttered. This is a recurring problem.

I found the exposure a bit under, but within tolerance.

#2. I like the color, but the picture is really under, particularly the model. The background is too cluttered. The pose is really a bit contrive. What drove me nuts in a very negative way about this picture is the styling. If model is not comfortable wearing a spegetti strap sun dress that is rather sexy, then wear something else, don't WEAR AN UGLY TUBE underneath!!!!!!! :thumbsd:

#3. This is the worst of the lot. What is that "white face" of the model? As a result, skin tone totally diff between face and the rest of her body. It's not nice to chop of one's finger, it hurts. The background is way too cluttered. This is not a flattering image.

#5. I like the lighting, the mood, just I do not like the pose. This one is closed to making it. The pose, made her feet/shoe look huge.

#1. This is the best of the lot. I like the lighting and the rich color. The mood is right. If the columns are not tilted, this would be much better.

it was sharper b4 i scaled it down, could this be the reason?
bro, looks like a problem of high jpg compression, if you use photoshop, try to save above 9 (still visible upon close look but gd enuff to keep file small)

I like one of the pictures, another one is close but not there yet, and the rest, rather forgetable. Let me talk about the rest first.

#4, with the model lying on a table, nice try, but the composition is way off. The styling does not fit the post. The sole of the shoe showing is very distracting, never a good idea. Any what dont you jsut step back a little, compose the picture without cropping of knees, arms and wrists? The background though out of focus, is very cluttered. This is a recurring problem.

I found the exposure a bit under, but within tolerance.

#2. I like the color, but the picture is really under, particularly the model. The background is too cluttered. The pose is really a bit contrive. What drove me nuts in a very negative way about this picture is the styling. If model is not comfortable wearing a spegetti strap sun dress that is rather sexy, then wear something else, don't WEAR AN UGLY TUBE underneath!!!!!!! :thumbsd:

#3. This is the worst of the lot. What is that "white face" of the model? As a result, skin tone totally diff between face and the rest of her body. It's not nice to chop of one's finger, it hurts. The background is way too cluttered. This is not a flattering image.

#5. I like the lighting, the mood, just I do not like the pose. This one is closed to making it. The pose, made her feet/shoe look huge.

#1. This is the best of the lot. I like the lighting and the rich color. The mood is right. If the columns are not tilted, this would be much better.

re #4: yeah, i know the issue of 'amputated hands' would come into discussion, i still hand itchy go and post... what an idiot.. guess i was too tempted to show the (imoo) very bokeh-ed background.

re #2: she's not wearing a tube.. its part of the dress' design.. ;p would the pic (in terms of the clustered background) be better with even more bokeh?? say maybe using an 85mm??

re #3: sorry to the model (joanne i think) for taking and posting such unflattering pic.. :embrass: pls tell me to remove it if you want.. else i'll leave it for learning sake...

re #5: any way to repair the perspectively-big-feet by cropping? it would 'amputate' some body parts wont it??

re #1: thanks.. finally got a positive comment... and from dp somemore.. :lovegrin:

Scaling things down actually makes them sharper, if you reduced the quality then yes, that may be why its not as sharp.

yup will try to put compression as 9.

bro, looks like a problem of high jpg compression, if you use photoshop, try to save above 9 (still visible upon close look but gd enuff to keep file small)

hey fellow lumix, long time no see... ok.. will post one with higher quality in the next few mins..

re #4: yeah, i know the issue of 'amputated hands' would come into discussion, i still hand itchy go and post... what an idiot.. guess i was too tempted to show the (imoo) very bokeh-ed background.

re #2: she's not wearing a tube.. its part of the dress' design.. ;p would the pic (in terms of the clustered background) be better with even more bokeh?? say maybe using an 85mm??

re #3: sorry to the model (joanne i think) for taking and posting such unflattering pic.. :embrass: pls tell me to remove it if you want.. else i'll leave it for learning sake...

re #5: any way to repair the perspectively-big-feet by cropping? it would 'amputate' some body parts wont it??

re #1: thanks.. finally got a positive comment... and from dp somemore.. :lovegrin:

Sometime, when cropping, be bold and crop in more. Wont look as "amputated". Crop above teh knee, above the elbow, usually works.

If that dress came with at stupid tube thingy underneath, well, let's go slam the designer. STUPID design. I will never let a model wear somthing so ungainly.

Sometime, when cropping, be bold and crop in more. Wont look as "amputated". Crop above teh knee, above the elbow, usually works.

If that dress came with at stupid tube thingy underneath, well, let's go slam the designer. STUPID design. I will never let a model wear somthing so ungainly.

no offense to the models at all, but these clothes really cannot make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.