3 movies you watched 3 times or more.

1. Cinema Paradiso (by the way, if you like this film, check out Madadayo by Kurosawa Akira, his last film...its not about cinema but in a way its like Cinema Paradiso in reverse)
2. Akahige (Red Beard) by Kurosawa Akira (I'm a big Kurosawa fan...so I could add like half of his films to this list...but thought I would just restrict to one)
3. Schindler's List... wonderful performances by Ralph Fienne, Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, amongst others, and of course the incomparable Itzhak Perlman performing the violin solo theme...

3. Schindler's List... wonderful performances by Ralph Fienne, Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, amongst others, and of course the incomparable Itzhak Perlman performing the violin solo theme...

Ditto that.

For those who have not watched this movie, note that it is one of the very few recent (>80s) movies that were filmed in b/w. Well, Shindler has got 2 very short sequences that has some colour in it, esp the scene with the girl in a red dress is soooo heart breaking.

笑澳江湖 - Good Kung Fu stuff, one of Jet Li - Tsui Hark's earlier film, a good blend of comedy, human hypocrisy, transexuals 東方不敗, stealthly imbued in the plot.

Saving Private Ryan, geat sound effects, good understanding of military stuffs like flanking a bunker, and realistic pyrotechnical play. In addition, some human emotions are lightly spiced to engage the audience.

Star Wars, all time fantasy favorites. Great creativity and futuristic interpretations.

uhmmm...

1. trainspotting... maybe like 10x...
2. big fish... another 10x...
3. lock stock and two smoking barrels....
4. the usual suspect...

and many more ^^

1. forrest gump --> watched at least 5 times...cos i needed to watch it thrice the 1st time i watched..cos in pri school , den dont understand but love the line "run forrest ruuuuuuuuuun" haha!

2. moulin rouge --> i love everything about it, set design costume,the song,the flow , well evvvverrrrrything except the makeup.

3. xmen -s --> i donno why i watched it 3 times...wahaha

Ditto that.

For those who have not watched this movie, note that it is one of the very few recent (>80s) movies that were filmed in b/w. Well, Shindler has got 2 very short sequences that has some colour in it, esp the scene with the girl in a red dress is soooo heart breaking.
that was an effect pioneered by Kurosawa in his film "High and Low" in 1963... Spielberg was a fan of his and even helped produce one of Kurosawa's later films, "Dreams"...:)

Hmm, here's mine

1. LOTR (more than 3 times for each part)
Love the movie, though the book was still better...

2. Infernal affairs
Tony Leung: I am a cop.
Andy Lau: Who (else) knows?

3. My Girl (Thai movie)
Simple and sweet movie

4. Ong Bak (Thai movie)
Not much of a plot, but unbelievable stunts.

1. LOTR
2. matrix
and
3. saving private ryan

1. forrest gump --> watched at least 5 times...cos i needed to watch it thrice the 1st time i watched..cos in pri school , den dont understand but love the line "run forrest ruuuuuuuuuun" haha!

This is one of my favourite shows too. It is interesting to note that not everyone can understand or appreciate the brand of humour in this show. To me, I take many of the jokes as satirical, and if you don't understand the background, you many not catch it. It is one of Tom Hanks' best performances.

1. fight club (you do not talk about fight club)
2. pulp fiction (bad mother *****er)
3. sin city (old man dies, young girl lives. fair trade)
4. Crank (GTA FTW) *almost didnt add this in

I just watched the Cinema Paradiso on DVD.

It came in two disc format, the theatrical release and the director's cut.

DON'T DON'T DON'T watch the director's cut as it is FAR FAR FAR inferior to the theatrical release. The extra 51 minutes of footage basically just screws up the impact of the ending. Watch the theatrical release first and enjoy the whole wonderful film again. Then watch the director's cut for the extra irrelevant info which basically tells what happen to the love story between elena and salvatore.

I should have watched the theatrical release first :( Still the show was as magnificent as I remembered it to be. Except the ending was screwed up by the extra footage....

I really loved the story about the soldier who waited for 99 nights. The reason why he left caught me by surprise.

I just watched the Cinema Paradiso on DVD.

It came in two disc format, the theatrical release and the director's cut.

DON'T DON'T DON'T watch the director's cut as it is FAR FAR FAR inferior to the theatrical release. The extra 51 minutes of footage basically just screws up the impact of the ending. Watch the theatrical release first and enjoy the whole wonderful film again. Then watch the director's cut for the extra irrelevant info which basically tells what happen to the love story between elena and salvatore.

I should have watched the theatrical release first :( Still the show was as magnificent as I remembered it to be. Except the ending was screwed up by the extra footage....

I really loved the story about the soldier who waited for 99 nights. The reason why he left caught me by surprise.

Thanks very much for the info! I have not seen the dir cut. From the trailer of the Dir Cut, I thought they have improved on an excellent movie and I very much wanted to watch it. But it seems they have not improved it, by your judgement? OK, then, I may just give it a pass.

Thanks very much for the info! I have not seen the dir cut. From the trailer of the Dir Cut, I thought they have improved on an excellent movie and I very much wanted to watch it. But it seems they have not improved it, by your judgement? OK, then, I may just give it a pass.

If you have just watched Cinema paradiso and knows the story well, then maybe you should watch the director's cut as it does provide a lot of "information" about the love story between Elena and Salvatore.

But I feel the original "magic" of the show was how they did not tell what happened to Elena.... and the emphasis was really on Alfredo and Salvatore rather than the love story (as shown by the super touching ending). If you are like me, who watched it last like 18 years ago and cannot remember the plot much, then watch the theatrical release as that version really has the most emotional impact I feel.

Still the DVD was a great buy as the show, after 18 years, was still as great as ever. It is worth a place in your DVD library just for the original theatrical release.

1) Lost in Translation
2) Closer
3) ANY WONG KAR-WAI FILM.

For the sole reason that the cinematography kicks ass. And LIT has a dope soundtrack. :)

- Bravehearts (My fav Mel G. Movie)
- Contact by J.Fostor :thumbsup:
- Most of Stephen Chow movies :embrass:

- Bravehearts (My fav Mel G. Movie)
- Contact by J.Fostor :thumbsup:

These two movies are among my highly rated movies too!

Braveheart's soundtrack by James Horner is also one the best soundtracks in my list.

My favourte quote from Contact was "If we are the only life in the whole universe, that will be an aweful waste of space." or something to that effect.