27th UOB Painting Of The Year Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAH!!!

And the biggest? Mine were 20x30 (inches) excluding frame. The bigger it goes, the more costly it gets.

My biggest print is 1.2m by 0.8m... Include frame (did a frame within frame) is 1.3m by 0.9m... :)

I think its the quality and the asethetics value of our work that counts...:)

Dont be sad people, it about the process not the outcome :) Be happy with your work.

I never join before, maybe next year i can if my stuff is nicely done ;)

Nevermind lah.... Joining the UOB POY is like buying lottery. You either win or don't win. Nothing to be sad about.

That's also why I didn't want to join in the first place.

I heard that many people disapproved of the winner of this year. Apparently some accused him of copying the style of some British photographer. Furthermore, many felt that photos should not win a "painting" competition.

I heard that many people disapproved of the winner of this year. Apparently some accused him of copying the style of some British photographer. Furthermore, many felt that photos should not win a "painting" competition.

firstly, the person he was accused of copying is not a photographer.
Damien hirst is a famous conceptual artist
secondly, Damien Hirst and the winner's work are nowhere quite near to each other. Do take a look at the winner's work and damien hirst's work.
It is interesting how the winner's works are constructed still life made out of animal insides. I saw the pieces personally and I think they are beautiful.

And people who are whining about it winning a "painting" competition should have questioned in the first place why there is a "photography" section in the first place!haha
Personally I think the competition has evolved into UOB Art Work of the Year, and it should be proud to have evolved in this direction as restricting it to painting alone is abit foolish

Status
Not open for further replies.