26 Jan 2009 Partial Solar Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
bah..its cloudy now.. plus i think my lens is the problem..thats why i can't see the eclipse..have it bumped up to f-36 at 1/4000s and I still get this :

3228448604_e453fa766f_b.jpg

to top it off I can't take any more pics either...sky is completely filled with clouds on my side..pain. The only consolation I have is a few decent "sun hiding in the cloud" shots..the glow emitted is pretty nice.

nv use any filter har.

My take. Pity 200mm only. And the clouds.

p676369271-4.jpg

Cheers and Happy CNY =)
QX

Just check at NASA site and the next big one close to home is on Mar 9 2016, morning this time.

Here's my take:

3227626709_3436fe47bc_b.jpg

Think was 5:55pm

ECP
Outside my room widow
REALLY cloudy.. took abt 50 shots for this guy

IMG_0067.jpg

A very soft focus behind the clouds.
Canon S5 IS at 72mm x 1.5 (432mm x 1.5 equiv)

thank you very much for those who post the pics here as i can see it, :)

cheers

Yanou, I was kinda laughing when I saw my eclipse shots. I realized that there was no way I could've told the difference between the solar eclipse shots and blown out shots of a crescent moon... =p

Yanou, I was kinda laughing when I saw my eclipse shots. I realized that there was no way I could've told the difference between the solar eclipse shots and blown out shots of a crescent moon... =p
The crescent moon is reflect light off from the sun anyway. Same light source. ^_^

wow! :thumbsup:

Hi Everyone...

Here's a sequence series I manage to do while on a picnic today at East Coast today....

sequence1.jpg

sequence2.jpg

sequence3.jpg

Just 100% cropped from my shots taken @ 70mm on APS-C - Dynax 7D + sunglasses as filter.

Rgds,
Sulhan

Here's mine.. shot at 1/8000 ISO100 f/32 with ND8X filter and CPL 80-400mm with 1.4x tele

DSC_0400.sized.jpg

for this one I pulled down the exposure in lightroom.. to show some detail in the sun.
FLL2008_554.sized.jpg

Sadly the clouds came before maximum eclipse coverage... but started to clear up slightly after the 80% point. Taken slightly after...
FLL2008_561.sized.jpg

My lonely camera and tripod out in the field... :p
DSC_9386.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.