22nd Oct : JB Day Trip - Jalan/Makan/Shot Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
expect you bring along a small gift to everyone that day. I want a Gripper by Domke 1inch :) Really look forward you to join the outing.

Woah... is that a purchase order or an order by the outing commander? :p

count down starts now. i would send out email by MOnday 17th Oct. Discuss your preference and any suggestion via email to get everyone.

Those who have not PM me your email/contact, please do so or I would leave you out.

Today I met up with sgtdag for a drink and visited a traditional barber shop in JB. We did not even up having hair cut but took a few click. Thought of sharing some pictures to warm up the coming event on 22ct Oct.

It is these old font that captured our attention. It looks like those barber shop in Old Master(老夫子)comic.
R0010180.jpg

The owner, 潘先生。
R0010264.jpg

R0010195.jpg

潘先生 shared with us his story and the history of this shop.
R0010224.jpg

潘先生 was then a barber working in Singapore during 70s ; showing his certificate issued by Singapore Govern on 22/Aug/1974.
R0010229.jpg

Last edited:
TAKRA barber chair..so antique look like a nice piece of art
R0010185.jpg

Holiday on Ice power. This reminds me where my father used to take me visit the indian barber shop when i was a kid.
R0010205.jpg

R0010217.jpg

R0010191.jpg

Last edited:
A fruitful excursion, gotta 'catch' these traditional businesses before they disappear from the urban modernization landscape. Also, it offers us a glimpse into the past.

Last edited:
thanks for sharing the photos, I was in Penang over the weekend, I brought my camera along but did not have time to shoot as I was busy with family activity, I would like to shoot a series of walking down memory lanes of my old school, old playground etc..... should be interesting. In Penang there are still this type of barber shops around :)

Thanks Chen Yi and Michael for organising and ferrying us around, thoroughly enjoyed myself and most importantly making more new friends!!

Hi guys,

hope you all had no issue heading back to custom and get back to Singapore. great to know you all, and let's catch up during meetup session.
I started a thread, please share your best/fun, and buddy shot.

Finally I have a PC to log in.

Chen Yi and Michael, thanks again for organizing such event. Lets catch up some day for a drink! :)

The pleasure is ours, do keep in touch.

thanks for all who had shown interest, participated and contributed to this outing. You may refer here for pic sharing.

plan to organise a similar outing in Nov, tentative date is 26th Nov. if anyone is keen, please drop me PM. will open the thread next week once the date is set.

Status
Not open for further replies.