2100 setting for candid shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianmo

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
i hav the problem of getting double images while taking candid shots in auto mode (set to "action" & iso 400), esp when the person moves too fast.

what is the best setting (m, s, p, etc) to be generic enough to obtain reasonably good shots (under limited lighting, indoor). no time to set manually for each shot. e.g. while taking shots for couples during rom.

pardon me if this seem to be too stupid. i'm a newbie /w 2100

Originally posted by ianmo
i hav the problem of getting double images while taking candid shots in auto mode (set to "action" & iso 400), esp when the person moves too fast.

what is the best setting (m, s, p, etc) to be generic enough to obtain reasonably good shots (under limited lighting, indoor). no time to set manually for each shot. e.g. while taking shots for couples during rom.

pardon me if this seem to be too stupid. i'm a newbie /w 2100

You'll have to experiment, if the object is moving too fast for the shutter setting, there's no way you can avoid having motion blur.

The only way under poor lighting condition is to used the biggest aperture, highest ISO, use flash, the fastest shutter speed allowed and hope for the best.

thanks. so which is the best mode i can use to set the max shutter speed, biggest aperture?

Originally posted by ianmo
thanks. so which is the best mode i can use to set the max shutter speed, biggest aperture?

there is no such mode since

apecture priority allows u to set the biggest apecture (say 2.8 in the case of 2100) but the shutter speed will be determined by the amount of light available

shutter priority allows u to set high shutter but if ur apecture cannot compensate it is still the same thing.

for 2100, u are limited to ISO400 and a 2.8 lens, hence u are confined to work within these paramteres. There is nothing wrong with being unable to capture some shots in stop motion manner.

Don't forget there's a fully-manual M mode too, which allows the user to manipulate the aperture and shutter together.

Anyway, like what Sebastian had said, under certain conditions there's nothing much you can do except to try and increase the illumination level in the area.

i discovered that the sequential shooting function allows very sharp images to be captuted even /w very rapid movements w/o motion blur (most of the times), together /w "sports" setting in S-Prog mode.

just print out the english manual, cos the one out of the box was in chinese....never knew got so much powerful features in 2100 until i read the manual...

thx for all ur advice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.