20d whats wrong!!!SCREEN TURN BLACK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiolabmaster

Mar 15, 2004
Tampines SG
i had been encounter with a problem,need advice.most of my time with mount of 18-125.
Shoot halfway,the screen on the dslr turn darker and darker,and very hard to focus,t solve the problem,had to off the cam and take out the len and put back,but aftera few or one shot,it turns out to e the same problem again.need help.what is wrong???
IS IT THE PROBLEM OF THE LEN OR THE BODY MAY BE REACHING ITS END,THINKABOUT 20K SHUTTERS.
PLS ADVICE.:confused:

Is something pressing down on your DOF button? It's the button on the cam body at about the 8 o'clock position on the lens mount when looking thru the view finder.

studiolabmaster said:
i had been encounter with a problem,need advice.most of my time with mount of 18-125.
Shoot halfway,the screen on the dslr turn darker and darker,and very hard to focus,t solve the problem,had to off the cam and take out the len and put back,but aftera few or one shot,it turns out to e the same problem again.need help.what is wrong???
IS IT THE PROBLEM OF THE LEN OR THE BODY MAY BE REACHING ITS END,THINKABOUT 20K SHUTTERS.
PLS ADVICE.:confused:

Hmm...so the blades are closing by themselves. Does it only happen with the 18-125? I had a 85 which, after calibration, use to do this, one more service solved this problem. But if it does happen with a few lenses, send in the camera body with a Canon lens and specify the problem.

grantyale said:
Hmm...so the blades are closing by themselves. Does it only happen with the 18-125? I had a 85 which, after calibration, use to do this, one more service solved this problem. But if it does happen with a few lenses, send in the camera body with a Canon lens and specify the problem.

right, the lens aperture blades close slowly buy itself and darken the viewfinder. Clean the lens contacts and the camera's contacts on the mount. Guess one of the pin from your lens is not making good contact with the camera.
The other thing is to check your batteries. Make sure they are still in very good working condition.
Hope this help.
Cheers!

the problem comes in again,this this very very often...my 18-125 is my usual len used.tried withother but no problem.the aperture turns smaller and smaller and the lens can't foucus in af mode,zoom in and out .anyone know the address and tel of sigma?pls advice...............;)

I had this similar prob when using my tamron 28-300 with my EOS 30. The cam also shut down by itself! So i thought it's the cam got problem so brought it back to Canon but they said nothing wrong, so i suspected the lens...I brought the lens to Tamron for servicing and true enough, they said the lens element spoilt so was sent to japan for servicing and took nearly 2mths to return. Fortunately my lens still under warranty.

Sigma Marketing (Singapore) Pte Ltd
3791 Jalan Bukit Merah
#07-19 E-CENTRE
REDHILL Singapore 159471
Tel : 62739622
Fax : 62746011

OK.THANKS DUDE.THE PROBLEM IS FROM THE LEN.bODY IS SAFE.THE LEN ACTUALLY COME WITH 3 YEARS WARRANTY BUT LOST THEWARRANTY AND BOX....STUPID AND HAD SPEND 120 FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE dbASE? FOR THE LEN.NOW MY LEN IS BACK TO NORAML AGAIN......................................HENG AH...AH MAN.LUCKING NT THE BODY SPOILT.

ur caps key stucked as well ;p know someone's 18-125 had a similar problem. sigma replaced a new lens after trying to fix it once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.