20D is coming to town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Dawn said:
A real camera is one that is in my hands, ready for the next shot. All the others are posseurs :devil: :bsmilie:

A real camera is one that does the focussing for you, instead of having to align a vertical line together manually. :devil:

I think I'll need more time to shoot and improve rather than spending more money on a new camera.

I'll give it a miss and I must say the initial specs do look interesting ... great for those die-hard D30 & D60 users who have been waiting for this! ;)

Anyone got any predictions as to what this will do to 10D and 300D (and even D70) prices? surely it's gotta be good news there too!?

AdamGoi said:
I think I'll need more time to shoot and improve rather than spending more money on a new camera.

I'll give it a miss and I must say the initial specs do look interesting ... great for those die-hard D30 & D60 users who have been waiting for this! ;)

I think I do agree with AdamGoi that while the specs do look interesting, I would still stick with my 10D though it's a 1.6x. Furthermore, I have already invested a series of lens (non EF-S series) that suit my needs, it does no justice to my bank account. I guess we do have to bear in mind that if we treat digital SLR as electronic gadgets, we will fall into the trap of going into a spending spin, never-ending and never satisfy. Photography to me is a passion and an art. It is the perfection of the skill that matters ... film or digital, it's the same to me... the satisfaction has to come from the picture. :)

From the link, it mentioned that the 17-85 will be bundled with the 20D as a kit lens (like the 18-55 with 300D), wondering will they make the lens up for sale individually or like the 18-55?

all it matters is our pocket... if u can tahan... ur pocket deep enough then buy lohz.... for me... burnt a hole in my pocket for switching system... cannot tahan another burn again to buy another cam.... hahah... maybe will get 20D as my primary cam then keep my 10D as backup..... :thumbsup:

not to miss out on the speculation fun, here's what i think canon is doing:

this new 20D will be priced at D70 level. its a D70 killer to put it very bluntly. since the 20D is about the same as 10D, there is really no reason to increase the price. just look at the difference between D60 & 10D & double check their prices.

the older 10D will stop production just like what happen to D60.

300D is already very cheap ($1450 body only) but will be even cheaper till the next killer comes.

the kit lens is still lower end stuff but it let owners start right away.

so i guess this leaves a 'hole' for a medium end camera. could it be a EOS 3 in disguise call 3D?

lastly, if anyone is so hard up to use the EF-S lens on their older bodies, just saw off the ext bit at the end, that's what i was told. :wink:

GO BUY!! BUY!! BUY!! :devil: :devil:

you r most welcome. :)

oh wait, before i forget, this thread is merely to inform of new products, so lets not start any comparison with rival brands, ok? :)

cheers & have a good time shopping! :devil: :devil:

From a glance of the specifications, seems like Canon has left out the front/back focusing features of the 10D on the 20D. Or would it be a special surprise bonus feature? :devil:

Boy... The forums would be much much quieter if 20D doesn't have the ability to decide for you that you should front/back focus for a better shot... :bsmilie:

For some 10D users, the new 20D may not be good enough reason to upgrade, except perhaps for the use of the 10-22mm EF-S lens. But for D30 and D60 users, this prob IS the time!

But now that the news is 'unofficially' out but 99% likely true, does that mean 2nd hand 10D price can officially begin to drop starting today? ;)

For those who are looking at buying new 10D's, I'm sure they'd want to wait just a little longer for a better 20D that might just be a wee bit cheaper new.

My observation:

No more assist button, but now extra joystick like button on top of the thumb wheel... a R/W LED beside the thumbwheel as well. And guess no way to physical turn off the thumbwheel as well.

5fps and 25 frame buffer is great... more AF pt in vertical position, great... the new viewfinder is coated as the 1 series DSLR.... now I want one for backup to my 1D... ^^

Yes, the slider around the wheel is doing that (have a close look at the right bottom side of the wheel). Also wait to see some new menu choices and functions on the joystick. It will be official friday, sorry can't tell you more now.

oeyvind said:
My observation:

No more assist button, but now extra joystick like button on top of the thumb wheel... a R/W LED beside the thumbwheel as well. And guess no way to physical turn off the thumbwheel as well.

5fps and 25 frame buffer is great... more AF pt in vertical position, great... the new viewfinder is coated as the 1 series DSLR.... now I want one for backup to my 1D... ^^

8 Mp 5 fps 25 frame buffer, 1.6x FLM at the same price or lower than 10D?

2nd hand 10D will be a much cheaper backup ;)

Hey anyone knows if the 20D takes pictures for you? It's gotta be. Let's hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.