20D and 300D Black in "The Star"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a source who told me 20D with kit lens will be about $3000 in most stores.

seem to be reliable,gonna wait and see.

If really RM6.6K with 17-85IS, I may be buying from Malaysia.
Even at the S$3K (i.e List price=street price), with IS lens it look really attractive!

Canon Singapore haven't give their offical RRP, hope they better wake up and give a comparable price (i.e. not more than S$100 more than malaysia price for myself)

zhoufang said:
If really RM6.6K with 17-85IS, I may be buying from Malaysia.
Even at the S$3K (i.e List price=street price), with IS lens it look really attractive!

Canon Singapore haven't give their offical RRP, hope they better wake up and give a comparable price (i.e. not more than S$100 more than malaysia price for myself)

Already posted what...

S$3,099 body alone. S$3,269 with kit.
http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/digitalcameras/0,39001469,39192361,00.htm

Kit lens = 18-55mm... 17-85 and 10-22 is announced but no estimated date of arrival. Hence, no 17-85 kit... at least for now...

hmm really hope pricing can be in the 2.6 - 2.8 range.... so tt will leave a bit of $ to get memory cards etc...

juz wonderin if the shops will throw in freebies for early bird special... hmmm...

Anyone got lobang in K.L ? Which shop sell at attractive price and reliable like MS and CP in Sg ?

Caussway said:
Anyone got lobang in K.L ? Which shop sell at attractive price and reliable like MS and CP in Sg ?

Can try those shops in sungei wang. Try digging out the receipt to cfm which shop I got my 300D. Paid about $1600+ even when the 300D first launch a year ago while Sg was selling at $1800+

White Balance said:
Ai yo ...

I am trying very hard for the past few week to brainwash myself ... "Not to buy 20D, not to buy ...."

Now u distract me with such a good price ... :sweat:

i'll see whther on the 19/9, 20D can brainwash me a not....hehehe

if i can sell at good price... i dun mind forking a bit more for 20D... then i will do review..... help me upz my selling thread lah......hahaha :bsmilie:

OT a bit: i just called my fav shop (dun ask me to name it. i already got into trouble with the mods over this....). they just told me that the black 300D body is already coming into singapore. my guess its dat its going to launch it the same time as 20D in s'pore. the rumours is dat this black 300D is going to be cheaper than the silver one. i dunno if its with or without the kit lens.

darn... i'm really going to :complain: to canon singapore.... i want to change my 300D body!!! :cry:

Hi nightwolf..

just came back from John 3:16

according to them, black 300D is in already.. same specs.. just black..

however, the kit lens is the 18-55 USM though.. he..

price is quoted was $1700

Biang! Time to go to the dark side, Sam.

Quick, call Miss Fxxxxxxx now! hahahaha

sumball said:
Biang! Time to go to the dark side, Sam.

Quick, call Miss Fxxxxxxx now! hahahaha

*NW75 going to jump out his bedroom window now*..... :mad2:

why must canon singapore do such a cruel thing on 300D users.....

oh yes, another CSer just informed me that its going for $1700+ with lens at CP. and its in already! but, its the kit lens and not the USM version. wow! EF-s 18-55mm USM is a pretty good lens! :eek:

Hmmmm......
It is in already? Available for sale or do we have to wait after the launch of 20D? :eek:

fs310 said:
Hmmmm......
It is in already? Available for sale or do we have to wait after the launch of 20D? :eek:

ermm... according to my fren, its already in at CP. and.... i just wrote in to canon singapore, pleading them to change my cam body.... :sweat:

nightwolf75 said:
ermm... according to my fren, its already in at CP. and.... i just wrote in to canon singapore, pleading them to change my cam body.... :sweat:

To me, they are the same. :) Anyway, may upgrade later right? so, why not save for the upgrade rather than the shell? ;)

nightwolf75 said:

wah !!!!!!!!!!! if it happened........ must let me know 1st hand !!!!!!!!!!!

release said:
To me, they are the same. :) Anyway, may upgrade later right? so, why not save for the upgrade rather than the shell? ;)
Why not save the money and upgrade to a 20D? hehe...

Reply from Canon Malaysia...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/ Madam,

The Digital SLR EOS 20D is come the EF-S 18 - 55mm F3.5 - 5.6 at the price of RM6,599/-.
You also have a option to have a EF-S 17 - 85mm F4.5 - 5.6 IS USM which retailed at RM8,599/-.
Currently, we only provide the local warranty for the Digital SLR cameras and it only applies to the place of purchase.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Joanne Foong
Marketing Executive
CII Division
E-mail:joanne_foong@cmm.canon.com.my
DID :03-7844 6031

You also have a option to have a EF-S 17 - 85mm F4.5 - 5.6 IS USM which retailed at RM8,599/-.

:bigeyes: Whoa? The 17-85 is so expensive? Might as well settle for the 24-70L eh? Or is my math crap? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.