2017 will be the year of inflation and interest rates

Jedi

Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Last day of 2016.

With commodities prices rallied more than 50% since Jan 2016, your petrol and now the utilities bill will go up in 2017. After that, general prices will go up.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/household...rease-in-first-quarter-of-2017-004410773.html

On top of that, Singapore interest rates will accelerate in 2017 due to the acceleration in U.S. interest rate hikes.

30% knew that this day would come. 70% didn't.

You dunno meh?

You dunno meh?

Another 1% would believe the aliens would arrive and colonize the earth by the end of 2017. :bsmilie:

nintchdbpict000273353640.jpg

can care to explain why woukd interest rate goes up and what make it so?

Did you actually go and see the Singapore SIBOR rates?

Singapore interest rates move in tandem with US interest rates.

will we simply follow even if US raise without basis with the world still under recession? of course that is provided they could raise and succeed.

will we simply follow even if US raise without basis with the world still under recession? of course that is provided they could raise and succeed.

First of all, the world is not in recession.

Secondly, there are reasons for US to increase interest rates. You can find all the reasons by goggling.

Singapore interest rates have already risen since 2 years ago. It is just like they are still affordable. Hence, not many people talk about it.

...............the prices go up and up .....who cares? :)

Just for the record, inflation does not necessary equate to recession or vice versa.
In the open economies of today, deflation is a much bigger worry.

In all likelihood, should there be a change in lead political party in SG, interest rates (cost of borrowing) could be even higher due to higher risks associated with an untested government. It is also very hard to not raise local interest rates in tandem with the Fed rates.

Last edited:
Global central banks have signaled the end of low interest rates. 2019 and beyond will be the normalization of interest rates. By that time, Singapore interest rates will hot 4% and above.

Global central banks have signaled the end of low interest rates. 2019 and beyond will be the normalization of interest rates. By that time, Singapore interest rates will hot 4% and above.

should be good right, less asset bubble and risky speculation

You dunno meh?

Tell me a place where it is cheap and good!

everyone would like to go there too!

Welcome to 2018.

Interest rates are creeping up slowly.

Our 3 local banks are posting huge profits. No wonder both the share prices of DBS and UOB are approaching $30, a level not seen before in recent years.

At the same time, prices are also creeping up. Many F&B have since raised their food prices. Reason given costs gone up.

so we are in the 1st quarter of 2018,we can look back on 2017. how is the prediction? for ordinary consumers like me, i didn't see much changes for the entire year.

Something was wrong with the leaves... the readings for 2017 somehow did not come true. I guess it was some GMO stuff :bsmilie:

so we are in the 1st quarter of 2018,we can look back on 2017. how is the prediction? for ordinary consumers like me, i didn't see much changes for the entire year.

If you didn't feel or see changes yourself in 2017, then you must be having a good life. Both general prices and interest rates were raising in 2017 but perhaps because you are a high income earner, so the impact to you was minimal that you didn't feel much difference. Or maybe you believe in too much official published statistics like inflation is so low in Singapore.