2010 MAY Navy Open House, Singapore

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Firstly, many thanks to the Republic of Singapore Navy(RSN) Open House 2010 committee and personnel for the well organised Navy open house and the warm hospitality shown to the visitors.

It was a marked change compared to the Army Open House 2009 where some of the army warrant officers who behaved like thugs and questioning photographers taking photos at an open house ?

At the RSN open house, the personnel were actively encouraging people to take photos and this is the first time that the public was allowed to photograph the Formidable class torpedo, Harpoon and Aster launching bays.

220510(Sat)

]1[ Flag at half mast for the NOH2010 in honour of Dr Goh Keng Swee.

It rained in the morning and cloudy skies throughout the morning.

4629280528_a4c2b128f5.jpg

]2[ RSAF Superpuma on RSS Endeavour(210).

4629310374_959b5e6817.jpg

]3[ Hats off to the Deep Search and Rescue Six(DSAR-6) pilot from James Fisher Defence.

Submarine rescue 911, 247365.

4629409786_d4521a0d3b.jpg

]4[ Explanation about the plastic cuffs used by the RSN.

4631457602_2d39320f64.jpg

]5[ NDU action show.

4634937592_cdfb358d29.jpg

More photos in Flickristan.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtemujin/sets/72157623934282326/

Last edited:
Very nice and clean images :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

]5[ NDU action show.

4634937592_cdfb358d29.jpg

Wow, was this taken on Saturday? If so, you were very close to me!

Great pictures, btw - all well taken!

I know I was standing next to a guy with glasses holding a Canon cam, are you him?

shaoken, Canonised

Many thanks. :)

kriegsketten,

Yes the photos taken were on Saturday, I was near the three stack container and using a Nikon Camera.

There were a lot of people taking photos.

Thanks. Cheers.

shaoken, Canonised

Many thanks. :)

kriegsketten,

Yes the photos taken were on Saturday, I was near the three stack container and using a Nikon Camera.

There were a lot of people taking photos.

Thanks. Cheers.

I see, then we're probably 2 to 3 persons away from each other - I'm gauging the distance from the middle Special Forces guy pointing the Carbine at me. Not really, the chap next to me was happily downing a huge bag of chips or something... :bsmilie: I can't even hear my camera's shutter sound! :confused:

Last edited:
Lol, I concur, we're quite near.

Cheers.

]11[ Good to go for the Republic of Singapore Navy Open House 2010.

See you at the Navy Open House 2013 \(^_^)/

4635174128_fe6f1a7484.jpg

I see, then we're probably 2 to 3 persons away from each other - I'm gauging the distance from the middle Special Forces guy pointing the Carbine at me. Not really, the chap next to me was happily downing a huge bag of chips or something... :bsmilie: I can't even hear my camera's shutter sound! :confused:

Last edited:
Great pics there bro as usual :) Like the composition & clarity. :thumbsup:

lifestyle1881,

You didn't make it for the NOH2010 ?

Many thanks bro. :)

kriegsketten,

Cheers.

Firstly, many thanks to the Republic of Singapore Navy(RSN) Open House 2010 committee and personnel for the well organised Navy open house and the warm hospitality shown to the visitors.

It was a marked change compared to the Army Open House 2009 where some of the army warrant officers who behaved like thugs and questioning photographers taking photos at an open house ?

At the RSN open house, the personnel were actively encouraging people to take photos and this is the first time that the public was allowed to photograph the Formidable class torpedo, Harpoon and Aster launching bays.

I gotta agree with about the AOH warrant officers... anyways Navy guys as far as i am concern are generally more friendlier and accommodative. Maybe its the way they were trained.

Yeah, a lot of people were making remarks that during the AOH2009, some of the warrant officers were very hostile with the public and especially with the photographers.

The sad part is that they were giving the red carpet treatment to the foreign soldiers who were visiting the open house while totally being openly hostile with the Singaporean visitors.

I concur, that the RSN personnel were much more friendlier even during the NOH2007.

Cheers.

I gotta agree with about the AOH warrant officers... anyways Navy guys as far as i am concern are generally more friendlier and accommodative. Maybe its the way they were trained.

Last edited: