2010 FIFA World Cup

Which Team Will Win the 2010 World Cup ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

If technology is introduced in football, this thread will not be so long.

What is there left to talk about?

The future of football !

A group of Jury would sit in front of the video, to replace the referee on the field

:bsmilie:

But World Cup 2014 will be held in Brazil :think:
Until now history has proven that it's pretty difficult for any European team to be a champ in American continent.

Therefore it is so very interesting, isn't it, this world of soccer?
I stick my neck long long to wait for that year to come.
And when that time comes, I will wait for you to create a thread and we will have a good chit chat on it.

Therefore it is so very interesting, isn't it, this world of soccer?
I stick my neck long long to wait for that year to come.
And when that time comes, I will wait for you to create a thread and we will have a good chit chat on it.

Ha..Ha, it's still 4 years from now ! Want to make appointment, my friend ?

:)

Certainly.
Will see you same time, same place, same forum, same sub-section 4 years later.
Better put it onto our handphone calendar. Scared later forget.

Definitely, my friend :cheers:

The Oranje jersey looks washed out. Seems like the bull will gore them with blood later. It is going to be over-run with red. Spain. I want to see a bull market!

The Oranje tried to be the metador...using dirty tactics to kill the bull. De Jong, Van Bommel should be sent off in the 1st half. It will make the game more pleasing. the Dutch killed the final.

Dreadful Dutch!

Best players in World Cup 2010 South Africa have been announced by today :

Best Young Player : Thumas Mueller (Germany)
Golden Ball : Diego Forlan (Uruguay)
Golden Boot : Thumas Mueller (Germany)
Golden Glove : Iker Casillas (Spain)
Golden Hand : Luis Suarez (Uruguay)

Congratulation, Thomas Mueller !
:thumbsup:

Ha..Ha, it's still 4 years from now ! Want to make appointment, my friend ?

:)

Its about time Brazil win the cup in front of their home fans. think they are the only one yet to win it at home!:bsmilie:

Its about time Brazil win the cup in front of their home fans. think they are the only one yet to win it at home!:bsmilie:

Agree with you. 2014 is the Brazil time and no other teams can stop them in their homeland.

My advice is to bet all of your money for Brazil victory, you will earn a lot of bucks in 2014 :p

That's why I write in my signature --> Coming Soon In 2014, World Cup Winners Episode VI : Return of the Samba !

The Oranje tried to be the metador...using dirty tactics to kill the bull. De Jong, Van Bommel should be sent off in the 1st half. It will make the game more pleasing. the Dutch killed the final.

Dreadful Dutch!

Spain deserved the win.

Holland chose the wrong strategy.
It is a big mistake. Like Hitler attacking Russia. Like Japan bombing Pearl Harbour.
These are fatal errors.
Holland's hope was:
- intimidate Spanish players into losing.
- irritate Spanish players into retaliating and then get red card
- disrupt the flow of the Spanish players so they cannot play good football

It is most unfortunate.
If the Dutch played their normal game they may have won.
Instead the pressure to win the 3rd try in the final was too great.
Holland decided to use hard tactics, cruelty and brutality.

So Holland deviated from the Total Football by the legendary Johan Cruyff in 1974.
Holland decided to play not football.

Maybe DeJong was intending to fracture Alonso's ribcage?
http://s.univision.com/futbol/fifacopamundial/fotos/photo/2010-07-11/alonso_323x216.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtiZh7cPXyk
http://twitpic.com/24mavc
So what is the point of winning a WC if one has to risk killing someone to achieve it.

No wonder even Holland's great Johan Cruyff said Spain would win.
Maybe he knew that this Holland team would rely on cruelty and brutality on the football field, in a desperate try to win at all costs and by any means.

The man who could have stopped all this was another loser from England. The referee.
How come England produce so many losers? Wayne Rooney not enough?
The referee Howard Webb was so intimidated by the occasion that he dared not give DeJong a red card on the spot.
And Mark Van Bommel too.

Actually the referee should make clear to both Holland and Spain coaches - no crap will be tolerated. Don't care if even have to send off 3 players from one country's team with red cards. Tell them to wake up and don't try. But this lembeh useless referee did not impose his authority early in the match. So it descended into an ugly display of premeditated physical attacks mostly by the Holland team.

Last edited:
Spain deserved the win.

Holland chose the wrong strategy.
It is a big mistake. Like Hitler attacking Russia. Like Japan bombing Pearl Harbour.
These are fatal errors.
Dutch players do not suddenly change like that overnight.
Of course, the Dutch were instructed by the coach to play like that.
Holland coach's hope was:
- intimidate Spanish players into losing.
- irritate Spanish players into retaliating and then get red card
- disrupt the flow of the Spanish players so they cannot play good football

It is most unfortunate.
If the Dutch played their normal game they may have won.
Instead the pressure to win the 3rd try in the final was too great.
The coach decided to use hard tactics, cruelty and brutality.

So Holland deviated from the Total Football by the legendary Johan Cruyff in 1974.
Holland descended into hell and decided to play not football.
Holland resorted to gangsterism on the football field.

Maybe DeJong was intending to fracture Alonso's ribcage?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtiZh7cPXyk
So what is the point of winning a WC if one has to kill someone to do it.

No wonder even Holland's great Johan Cruyff said Spain would win.
Maybe he knew that this Holland team would debase themselves by a display of cruelty and brutality on the football field, in a desperate try to win at all costs and by any means.

The man who could have stopped all this was another loser from England. The referee.
The referee Howard Webb was so intimidated by the occasion that he dared not give DeJong a red card on the spot.
And Mark Van Bommel too.

Actually the referee should make clear to both Holland and Spain coaches - no crap will be tolerated. Don't care if even have to send off 3 players from one country's team with red cards. Tell them to wake up and don't try. But this lembeh useless referee did not impose his authority early in the match. So it descended into an ugly display of premeditated physical attacks mostly by the Holland team.

agree that the standard of refeering in this WC has been woeful....FIFA had better get their act together in 2014.

And Mark Van Bommel too.

Howard Webb was trying to keep a balance game by not showing the red card. But the karate kick was outrageous. How could he just give a yellow card. Also look at how many times Van Bommel tackled from behind with no regards to play the ball. He should have been red carded too. The first half was ugly. Am I glad that Arjen Robben did not go down when Puyol put himself in his path in the 2nd half. That would have been a penalty and a sending off. Arjen did try to play the advantage but when he lose the ball after, did you watched him whined. I cannot stand the look on his face. I just think the Dutch went into the game with very bad attitude. Spain was lucky they did not lose the game to 2 Arjen Robben opportunities. They would have lost if Robben converted one of those 2 chances.

I do think the game would have been more exciting had one of the 2 Dutch offenders been sent off in the first half and Puyol got sent off in the 2nd. In short, the Dutch killed the final. It was not a final to remember. Also I am glad Torres did not featured earlier. Look how he pulled his hamstring less than 10 mins after coming on.

Last edited:
ironically, there were a few good referees. The one from Germany was good and kept the game flowing. Same with the ref from the Uruguay-Mexico game. He did his best to let the game flow.

agree that the standard of refeering in this WC has been woeful....FIFA had better get their act together in 2014.

I would suspect it will be the same. Remember the controversy during the 2002 world cup when S. Korea knocked teams after teams out of the world cup. There was the disallowed goals then.

In fact since I started watching the WC from 1986, there was not a single world cup that was not shrouded in controversy. But this is the game. Else every year, you see germany, Brazil, Argentina and Italy win, also quite boring.