2005-01-16 PSS model shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be frank, think it will better you try to observe more magazine posing and lighting for this kind of shots. Try to vary your lighting and not to simply take the shots (the more sots you take might not equal better). Also be more selective on posing the pictures (show only the good ones) so that it will not make her as though she is in some kind of show business... :)

invert_studio said:
Sorry to be frank, think it will better you try to observe more magazine posing and lighting for this kind of shots. Try to vary your lighting and not to simply take the shots (the more sots you take might not equal better). Also be more selective on posing the pictures (show only the good ones) so that it will not make her as though she is in some kind of show business... :)

totally agree with ya dude!
respect the model tot you got the right to showcase the photo.... :nono:

I'm not an expert in portraits, but a lot of poses does not appeal to me.
A lots of shots u have her hands chopped off.
BTW better add watermark to yr photos before someone leeches them.

Keep shooting & looking at other pictures for more ideas & u'll sure improve

friend, better keep it for your own personal viewing.....otherwise do watermark them....big..

how many photogs shooting at the same time? looks like u had limited space to work with?

Petf69 said:
friend, better keep it for your own personal viewing.....otherwise do watermark them....big..

how many photogs shooting at the same time? looks like u had limited space to work with?

2 photogs at the same time...maybe wrong focal len used. :dunno:

ermm...

john tan - 2 photogs at the same time for a studio shoot? IMO, this is gonna be tough becos the model dun know who to listen to, and the photogs will be jousting for angles. not a good idea... :think:

betterfeel - just wondering, is this ur first studio session? i'll just offer my 2 cents on ur posing, and leave the lighting techniques to the more knowledgable shooters to advise. IMO, the posing by the model really make ur series look cheesy, or worse, sleezy. sorry if i said it a bit crudely. after looking at ur pics, i felt it was nothing more than a series of pics showing a strip tease show. i dunno if its an appropriate description of it. however, there are ways to pose and direct a model to look sexy without being sleezy. :embrass:

keep trying and shooting tho! dun give up. :)

nightwolf75 said:
ermm...

john tan - 2 photogs at the same time for a studio shoot? IMO, this is gonna be tough becos the model dun know who to listen to, and the photogs will be jousting for angles. not a good idea... :think:

betterfeel - just wondering, is this ur first studio session? i'll just offer my 2 cents on ur posing, and leave the lighting techniques to the more knowledgable shooters to advise. IMO, the posing by the model really make ur series look cheesy, or worse, sleezy. sorry if i said it a bit crudely. after looking at ur pics, i felt it was nothing more than a series of pics showing a strip tease show. i dunno if its an appropriate description of it. however, there are ways to pose and direct a model to look sexy without being sleezy. :embrass:

keep trying and shooting tho! dun give up. :)

At the same time, I think this is a classic case of wrong model casting. That is why modelling agencies have a large pool of models to suit different needs.

Unless this is the intended results.

:cheergal:

razor said:
At the same time, I think this is a classic case of wrong model casting. That why modelling agencies have a large pool of models to suit diffierent needs.

Unless this is the intended results.

:cheergal:

I got a very strong feeling that this result was definitely intended... that's how it comes across to me anyway... :think:

There is nothing wrong to shoot an erotic series. Such works should not in anyway have any impact on PSS's name.

It is very hard to have more than 1 photographer shooting at the same time anywhere, but when it is a studio, the problems are magnified. Personally, the pictures did not appeal to me. Model's post seems contorted in some of the pictures. But, don't be put off by the comments, just shoot more and develop your own style. Nomatter, some will still not like your post for whatever reasons. But that is it, photography is an art, it's subjective.

Keep shooting!!!

In photography, it is subjective.

It is also like cooking. You give 20 people the same ingredients for fried rice. No one plate will taste the same. Some like it salty, some like it spicy, some like it plain, some want more chinese sausage etc. At the end of the day, the plate that get the most positive comments from most people is proven to be good.

Likewise for photography.

Photographers are free to express themselves in the way they shoot. From the many images I saw taken by different photographers at the shoot, the style are different. It is very naive and immature to use one's portfolio to condemn the whole shoot.

Think about it.

In a way, I think betterfeel is brave and generous to post the images for all to have a look.

Steven Yee said:
In photography, it is subjective.

It is also like cooking. You give 20 people the same ingredients for fried rice. No one plate will taste the same. Some like it salty, some like it spicy, some like it plain, some want more chinese sausage etc. At the end of the day, the plate that get the most positive comments from most people is proven to be good.

Likewise for photography.

Photographers are free to express themselves in the way they shoot. From the many images I saw taken by different photographers at the shoot, the style are different. It is very naive and immature to use one's portfolio to condemn the whole shoot.

Think about it.

In a way, I think betterfeel is brave and generous to post the images for all to have a look.

well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the photos of the model in casual wear don look good at all. Can tell the model stretching all her stength for the poses. Doesnt look natural at all.

Hmm we should not be so prudish - there are many styles of photography even for taking pretty women.

This is a good try at a style other than portraiture. Some of the posing have been lifted or followed from magazines - there is always the problems of being 1. able to reproduce a setup perfectly and 2. which setup is good since each and everyone has its strengths and weakness for the purpose it was selecected for. I suspect the fine details were not recreated so well.

This is an attempt to do sexy poses or erotic work - like its said in CSI - erotic begins in the mind. These for me do not read erotic. Showing skin is just showing skin - you got it , I have got it so what's new ? You could make a pair of lips look erotic if you did it right.

Showing for comments is a step in the learning process - its difficult to see your flaws since if you knew about them they would not be there in the first place. Knowing who to show and who to listen to are the other important issues. A probable good person would be the person who set up the lighting for the shoot at PSS.

I feel you are shooting too tightly. Your pictures seem to lack a connection with the model you need to speak to her more. Looks a liitle stiff - needs to be slinkly.

With exceptions, most of the photos posted in this forum are boringly similar, pretty faces with "safe" poses.

Here is an attempt (I hope intentionally!) to be different. It may be raw and "unrefined". Some of Pointblankshoots' images may have similar trends. Of course he is much more accomplished than most here. He does photography for a living. You are just starting out! Being selective and putting the "best" pictures for all to see is nothing more than trying to draw praises. Putting the entire series shows the trend of thought. That is why, in the old days, contact proofs of negatives are so valuable.

I have no problem with the content of these images. Just ask yourself what you are trying to portray. It is your show. Stick to what makes you tick. You might have to imitate others initially (who doesn't) and later move on to your own "style".

Status
Not open for further replies.