"1st-world status, flip-flop lifestyle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much your flip-flops or T-shirt costs is irrelevant. Some people don't seem to get that idea.

And yes, I am sure we have all seen how people dress up to go weddings here. It's disgusting, and it DOES reflect on the person's mentality that he/she is no better than people who litter.

However, on a day to day basis, what the average person wears on the street is fine by me. Weather hot, lah. And personally, the s-man always appreciates seeing a bit of skin. :)

it's interesting that what is deemed normal will be highly dependent on what the social norm is, rather than what is good or bad or disgusting.

My friends got married in t-shirts and jeans, that was a way of showing their approach towards life and their wedding rings were made of rubber. I found it extremely quaint and interesting.

I don't think that it's not a matter of judging whether a style of dressing is good or bad but whether it is appropriate or inappropriate for an occasion.

And DEFINITELY should not be used as an analogy of people littering.

well, if soo many people think flip-flops are the "in" thing now. i must follow mah, last time oni go wet-market with them, then "fashionistas" made them look trendy in town. how can i go against the grain & dress differently? my friends will walk far far from me like i trying to dress smart (& act smart), cannot lah. :bsmilie:

the flip-flop brigade now soo strong, 1 day might even export this (flop) culture & conquer the world of fashion! :devil:

NDP that day wear 1 red 1 white?! on boh?..

:bsmilie:

hey that's a really good point
so my friend was telling me havianas are the top of the sandal food chain is that right?

talking about wedding dinners, i also cringe when i see how photographers dress to shoot wedding dinners
we must respect the occasion, if it is a black tie affair then the photographer must also dress the part or at least a shirt and pants

I have seen invited guests wear T-shirts, shorts and slippers. Absolutely no respect for the hosts or the occasion.

hey that's a really good point
so my friend was telling me havianas are the top of the sandal food chain is that right?

i have no idea?.. its such a jungle out there, i always make it a point to wear hiking boots! :bsmilie:

i have no idea?.. its such a jungle out therei always make it a point to wear hiking boobs! :bsmilie:

Joe-junglewear.jpg

Fine example of 1st world status and number #146 in terms of journalism.

*based on the last time i read our national publication's status... might have dropped furthur down i suspect*

Clothing evolves with time.

It's what they want to say anyway. So if they say that T-shirts and shorts are the national clothing standard, it is the standard?

Who's to say that?

Generally, i think Singaporeans are too casual in their dressings, even the girls. :think:

maybe cos in school life & work life we're supposed to be multi-tasking (pao-ka-liao), so flip-flops are the pao-ka-liao leisure attire... :think:

it can be have for cheap, very breathable footwear & there's sooo many colours to choose from. wait i kenna huntum by flip-flops...:flush:

i think mediacorp should start dressing up our actors and actresses coz this is a big influence to the general public ....
WHen you watch the Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Hong Kong dramas, the actors are always in jacket and tie, even the gangsters and police gun-fighting in jackets and tie ..:bsmilie: and the actresses are always in designers' wares :heart:...
and for goodness sake, employ more makeup artists and hairstylists .... :cry:

i think mediacorp should start dressing up our actors and actresses coz this is a big influence to the general public ....
WHen you watch the Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Hong Kong dramas, the actors are always in jacket and tie, even the gangsters and police gun-fighting in jackets and tie ..:bsmilie: and the actresses are always in designers' wares :heart:...

Not practical in tropical country like Singapore.
Imagine you wear suit and tie while chasing some gangster in 30-35oC
Then again, I don't mind if some really cute and hunky guy in ripped white tshirt running hot and sweaty. har har har.

Can't remember, but there was one actress call Fann Wong who brought around her own entourage of makeup artist and dressers and minders to Perschart's interview and walking with a lengthy gown along orchard...
wonder if she brought along an airplane fan, she would have melted in the tropical heat.

haha are you a makeup artist or hairstylist? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.