18-55mm VR focuses differently when VR turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangchew86

Feb 28, 2010
Dear Cser,

Just bought a 18-55mm from a fellow cs. After playing it for awhile, i realise that the focusing sound is different when the vr is turned on, there seems to be a slight clocking sound at the beginning and end of focusing.

Is this normal? Hope someone with the kit lens could share some experiences..

Dear Cser,

Just bought a 18-55mm from a fellow cs. After playing it for awhile, i realise that the focusing sound is different when the vr is turned on, there seems to be a slight clocking sound at the beginning and end of focusing.

Yes it is normal.

By the way, it SOUNDS differently when VR turned on. Not "Focuses differently". Very different u know... :nono:

Dear Cser,

u sure it's the focusing sound and not the VR-in-operation sound?
there should be a sound when VR is in operation.

u sure it's the focusing sound and not the VR-in-operation sound?
there should be a sound when VR is in operation.

Should be VR sound la. TS don't know the difference mah.

Yes, it only has it when VR is on. Don't mind me asking another question. How about the portion where we do manual focus? It seems to shake abit, is that normal too?

Yes, it only has it when VR is on. Don't mind me asking another question. How about the portion where we do manual focus? It seems to shake abit, is that normal too?

Yes, normal. Infact it should shake a bit when you turn on VR, or when you turn on the camera with VR on.

Thanks mate.. Just need the assurance and confirmation.. Didn't noe that the VR will have such wierd sound cos it doesn't occur to my previous 18-200 VRII. Much appreciated!

Wonder about that too. It was definitely very obvious in my previous VR 70-300, but on my current VR 16-35, cant seem to hear anything.

Cheer:)s

To conclude: The wierd sound that the 18-55mm VR is producing is the mechanism of the VR when turned on. In addition, the slight wobble that occurs at the manual focusing rim is normal..

For the benefit of future similar enquiries.. Credits to bro daredevil123 and others who had added. Cheers :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.