18-200 VR thailand made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
if anyone's looking for this lens fast, might try to get on Lords waiting list. (or espn)

I just got mine after 2 weeks of waiting.

I think most 18-200 coming in will be thailand made... zoom is isnt exactly smooth but feels good, there is no lens creep if camera pointed down less than 45deg. The wierd barrel distortion takes some time to get used to...

Chanced upon another shop in lucky plaza with the (only-help-caucasian) bengs have 1pc 18-200 VR made in japan but lowest price he could go was $1450... and it had lens creep =P

I think made in Thailand or Japan doesn't really matters. I believe Nikon QC should be the same standard globally..:thumbsup:

I actually have both the japan and thai made 18-200. Can feel the difference between the 2. Under close examination, the japan surface looks finer. But i prefer the thai one in my hands coz i like the rough surface feel.

So long can take pic who cares make from where.... does not mean MIJ will not have lemon set....:devil:

poon...
care to do a side-by-side optics test?

Dont think there's any diference but I'm curious...

N-user said:
So long can take pic who cares make from where.... does not mean MIJ will not have lemon set....:devil:

All things being equal, if there is a MIJ set and MIT set available, I believe most will take the MIJ set.. it is consumer perception of quality (whether it is in actual fact better quality or not, no one knows)... of course if only MIT ones available, people will still grab it.

Anyway, sold my solid MIJ version few months back..... missed the convenience of this lens... :(

longkangman said:
It is build in to the culture. :lovegrin: :thumbsup: TSM
Got my acratech V2 liao. :thumbsup:
Wah lao.. now you can shoot jiao liao :lovegrin:

longkangman said:
Shoot jiao or mei mei use the wimberly VII :thumbsup: :lovegrin: :devil:
Steady, must jio me ok.

longkangman said:
Whatever, get the Jap one. :thumbsup:

OT: Yesterday jio liao. :thumbsup:
MTL... Shoot shoot shoot...

longkangman said:
It is build in to the culture. :lovegrin: :thumbsup: TSM
Got my acratech V2 liao. :thumbsup:

ho say liao, can lend me... also your 500mm bazooka.... then can go shoot jia liao.... or pussy... :lovegrin:

longkangman said:
Do we have 18-200mm white?

Can tonight. I go camp at bukit timah nature reserve wanna go.
But have to wait for ah neh to go check up the white lens and pink hood.
Mustafa open 24/7, don't have to wait for the AIR NEH. Just do it :thumbsup:

Rev said:
poon...
care to do a side-by-side optics test?

Dont think there's any diference but I'm curious...

Wah. I will not have access to my thai lens for a few months coz i left it overseas.

Anyway from a non-pixel peeper pov, the optics seems the same to me.

The vr whining is also softer on the thai version then the jap version, but might be because it is a later "edition". (My jap version should be among the first edition coz i got it on the 2nd day it was out.)

Just got myself an MIT edition. In the last 2 hours I've been thoroughly impressed. Fast-focusing. Literally Silent-Wave. VR2 not as noisy as the 24-120. MIT got standard. Money well-spent.:thumbsup:

Could any recent buyer of the Made in Thailand lens post the serial number ? It's typically a sticker on the outside of the box.

Wondering if it has reached, 2,6xx,xxx yet ;)

Ramius said:
Could any recent buyer of the Made in Thailand lens post the serial number ? It's typically a sticker on the outside of the box.

Wondering if it has reached, 2,6xx,xxx yet ;)

My box says 212*****:D

Status
Not open for further replies.