17-55 f2.8 OR 28-70 f2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really concern me is the overall performance. Most 2nd hand 28-70mm (even look as new) got AF screeching problem. What about the 2nd hand 17-55mm? I have no idea for that. Anyone really try & tested those 2nd hand 17-55mm lens before? Do share if possible.:)

I rented 17-55mm, its fast...IMHO it better than 12-24mm but the down side is its weight...

after getting both the 17-35, and 28-70, the 17-35 is permanently mounted on the body, while the 28-70 is carried around as a spare :D

A very well build lens 17-55mm F2.8. Felt like driving a tank when you move around to take photo ;)

OT abit. Wonder why Nikon didnt include their VR function into this 2 lens? My friends told me Canon mid-range lens already include "IS" into them.

OT abit. Wonder why Nikon didnt include their VR function into this 2 lens? My friends told me Canon mid-range lens already include "IS" into them.

Do you really need VR for such short focal lengths? ;)

Mine just got Citizenship ;)

Hey Citizenship is a better word to describe actually for me too. The speed and sharpness makes me wonder if i will get use to any other third party lens. One gripe is the weight, reason y my grip is even more mounted on my cam, to balance out the weight. ahahaa

Do you really need VR for such short focal lengths? ;)

So that together with noise free high ISO, they can basically shoot handheld things you cannot see with even your eyes at night. ;p

So that together with noise free high ISO, they can basically shoot handheld things you cannot see with even your eyes at night. ;p

Wow... :bigeyes:

Shooting something that we can't see. That's amazing, so there's a market for these stuff now... heheh :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Shooting something that we can't see. That's amazing, so there's a market for these stuff now... heheh :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Chinese 7th month is coming. Just try your luck.
Try bending your body downwards & look between your legs (in a open wide position) in a up side down possition & look at those people who is burning those paper money & candles in the middle of the night. Or around them. Then tell me what you saw?:think:
Hope you can get some good stuff. Anyway, I did not try that yet.:sweat:

Yeah.. Canon's selling very well. :)

Chinese 7th month is coming. Just try your luck.
Try bending your body downwards & look between your legs (in a open wide position) in a up side down possition & look at those people who is burning those paper money & candles in the middle of the night. Or around them. Then tell me what you saw?:think:
Hope you can get some good stuff. Anyway, I did not try that yet.:sweat:

Actually I've been looking for them for about 15 years now... just no luck to see any yet. ;)

Nah.. I still prefer the handling and the flash of Nikons.... :bsmilie:
Too bad then.. Like me, we can only shoot what our eyes can see.. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.