1600mAh charger for 1800mAh battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
Can I use 1600mAh charger for the 1800mAh battery? Will the 1800mAh battery be fully charged? If I buy charger for the 1800mAh battery now, and later there is a newer 2000mAh battery comes out, then I will have to buy newer charger?

Please advice. Thanks.

If you are referring to timer based chargers such as the GP powerbank I, II and III and the sony chargers. Yes, you'll have to get a suitable charger to charge higher capacity batteries as those for the lower capacity one will not bring it up to full charge. And in my experience, those high capacities in a low capacity charger will results in the batteries lasting shorter than a lower capacity one.

Well.... The solution would be buying a intelligent charger that monitor the charging status base on the batteries' voltage.

So, if I buy intelligent charger, then the mAh of battery is not an issue, right? I can still fully charge them but might take longer time for higher mAh battery, right?

Originally posted by Kho King
So, if I buy intelligent charger, then the mAh of battery is not an issue, right? I can still fully charge them but might take longer time for higher mAh battery, right?

Right. And a pretty good one only costs $18. :)

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.