13/09/2012: Nikon announces D600 FF 24,3 mp

HI, just back from JB Tebrau City. Checked with Mee Too and it is $6900/-. Exchange rate now is 244. So it is $2827/-. With so little difference might as as get from Technogadgets or Funan.
Still waiting for price to stabilised as not in a hurry. May lease for a day to try out.

thx for ur info... i think now xchange rate can get ~2.49, so it will be $2771. looks like not not much cheaper, still thinking want to buy at sg or jb...???

HI, just back from JB Tebrau City. Checked with Mee Too and it is $6900/-. Exchange rate now is 244. So it is $2827/-. With so little difference might as as get from Technogadgets or Funan.
Still waiting for price to stabilised as not in a hurry. May lease for a day to try out.

To me, if not more than $300 difference, no point getting from across the causeway. The convenience of local warranty, and also the trip to JB or KL is not exactly free either. I'd encourage all to support the local economy!
:D

Last edited:
Ansel said:
To me, if not more than $300 difference, no point getting from across the causeway. The convenience of local warranty, and also the trip to JB or KL is not exactly free either. I'd encourage all to support the local economy!
:D

If you go to Angsana shopping mall, maybe can get more bargain, cause usually in jusco tebrau city only serve the high end customer and the rental fee much higher.
For me if able to save up $300 is really consider worth. Can buy extra batt & SD card else.

Bangkok seems to be cheapest and can get 7% GST rebate... anyone buying there?

tao said:
Bangkok seems to be cheapest and can get 7% GST rebate... anyone buying there?

how much is the bkk price?

how much is the bkk price?

From fotofile.net (fotofile.net) , it is 72,500 THB (with VAT). Not sure if you can bargain over there.
By the way, is the Techno Gadgets - Your Reliable Source of Photo Equipments can be trusted? Anybody have ever purchased the equipment from this website?
From this website, the price for D600 is $2749 just now (I am sure I saw it $2765 this morning. $16 reduce within a couple hours).

From this website, the price for D600 is $2749 just now (I am sure I saw it $2765 this morning. $16 reduce within a couple hours).

From their site:

What is your pricing policy?
As our units are imported and we have to deal with fluctuating exchange rates, our prices are subject to change without prior notice. If the new product price has changed from the time you placed an order until the time we process it, we will notify you of the change and confirm before we proceed. If the product's new price is lower than the stated price at the time of your purchase, we will use the lower price and process your order. If the product's new price is higher than the stated price at the time of your purchase, we will, at our discretion, either contact you to confirm the same before we process the order, or cancel your order and notify you of the cancellation.

Techno Gadgets - Your Reliable Source of Photo Equipments

(Note: Not a customer. Their site design doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Ha)

I got mine from Harvey Norman yesterday. 2900 by any card payment. comes with 32GB Sandisk Class 10.

darthvader said:
From fotofile.net (fotofile.net) , it is 72,500 THB (with VAT). Not sure if you can bargain over there.
By the way, is the Techno Gadgets - Your Reliable Source of Photo Equipments can be trusted? Anybody have ever purchased the equipment from this website?

technogadget price is almost comparable to bkk price after vat refund.

Saw a unit in KL yesterday for Rm6700 for body set, cash price. So, it's about S$2700.

kandinsky said:
From their site:

(Note: Not a customer. Their site design doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Ha)

You should be more aware of our own BnS then technogadgets. More cheats and unethical people there. Technogadgets is a business registered with ACRA and have an office in Taka. Just treat the gears bought there as oversea sets and you will be fine. If I am not wrong selling camera gears is not their core business. Anyway the prices are real cheap.

Yeah! their sets are all grey... the fuinny thing is they keep adjusting price, seems to me without a standard way they pricing their items, even when it says the item is on sales.

Hitokiri84 said:
Yeah! their sets are all grey... the fuinny thing is they keep adjusting price, seems to me without a standard way they pricing their items, even when it says the item is on sales.

They buy using foreign currency if I am not wrong so prices adjust according to currency exchange rate.

I have purchased from technogadgets before. And as the others said, legit business. Been happy with their service when I got my Sigma 15mm fisheye from them.

Basically it's grey set. If any problem, send to the respective service centre for repair and claim from technogadgets the cost of the repair.

Hitokiri84 said:

You have obviously never been to a trading pit before.

Frequent price change may be a sign of liquidity and is actually a benefit to the buyer.

Anyone heard anything about the WU-1B unit yet?

It'll be like ultimate foreveralone addon. I can vision someone go to a touristy place, set up tripod, frame him/herself in front of camera, use the phone to control, and have everyone watch the person take his/her own picture.

Last edited:
You have obviously never been to a trading pit before.

Frequent price change may be a sign of liquidity and is actually a benefit to the buyer.

What I meant was the discounted prices. Techno changed the prices for non-discount products I would have accepted it, as I do know they change with the exchange rates.
but online he quot discounted with 2099, afterwards is asked through email, he give me 2139 on that very day the discount was put online.
which give me the doubts on them.

else if they do wanna have these arrangement for discount products, they should put 20% discount or likewise, while not a physical amount shown for any discounts.

Last edited: