13/09/2012: Nikon announces D600 FF 24,3 mp

Reviews!!! ;)

feels plastic, a bit bigger than d7000, feels light, big viewfinder, fast focus, can focus in very low light. initial impressions. :)

DiGdUb said:
feels plastic, a bit bigger than d7000, feels light, big viewfinder, fast focus, can focus in very low light. initial impressions. :)

Why D7000 cannot focus in very low light?

what lens are you using?

DiGdUb said:

Please update some higher ISO image.

Impression is not really important if they can offered you an attractive price....................:)

I was quite surprise Aik Seng Photo at Lucky Plaza pricing on their D800 & D800E also very reasonable. They had readily stocks.

Maybe they know that I am local ?

:dunno:

Since the launch of the D800 & D4, they always have stock when no one else have :)

Why D7000 cannot focus in very low light?
just saying the d600 can focus under low light as well, in case anyone is concerned. :)

I also just got mine at price mentioned earlier, $2900.

I brought down a fully charged spare battery from my D7000 so I can try some shots.

My first feeling is the body fits the hand better than the D7000. It's slightly bigger, but surprisingly does not feel as heavy as the D7000, although spec says it is. I really love the ergonomics of this camera, but I got to stress I came from the D7000.

I did some low light test shots and I can say it focus real fast even in low light. I used a variable aperture lens, so if you have a faster lens, it will be even better I believe. Tested H1 and H2 ISO, H1 seems usable. H2 maybe not, unless in desperate situation. I will try to take some shots to show when I am free later. Initial shots shows that the IQ is pretty good. To be confirmed later.

I really love the DX mode of this camera, maybe nothing new to many here, but for a first time user of Nikon Fx camera with DX mode, I must say I really really love it.

Just got a call from my favourite shop that my D600 is ready for collection tomorrow !!! Can't wait to test it out this weekend... As an upgrader from D90, I hope I won't be disapointment by my high expectations. :bsmilie:

Just hope you guy here, can be open a new D600 user thread and sharing some technical reviews.

Thanks

default settings from camera (i.e. normal noise reduction), processed in capture nx2, only resized. lens is 70-200 vrii at f2.8, iso 6400.
DSC_00384.jpg

crop, with NR turned off in nx2.
DSC_0038cropnoNR.jpg

Last edited:
Same here upgrading from D90 to D600 soon.

Just got a call from my favourite shop that my D600 is ready for collection tomorrow !!! Can't wait to test it out this weekend... As an upgrader from D90, I hope I won't be disapointment by my high expectations. :bsmilie:

By the way one of my friend changed his mind after placing an order, and the unit is available for collection tomorrow in peninsula. If anyone wants, please pm me, I'll tell u where to collect and who to look for :) it's $2900 also btw

about the focusing points spread, the outermost point on the d600 is about 1 'square' short of the outermost point on the d3s. i think it should be fine.

default settings from camera (i.e. normal noise reduction), processed in capture nx2, only resized. lens is 70-200 vrii at f2.8, iso 6400.
DSC_00384.jpg

crop, with NR turned off in nx2.
DSC_0038cropnoNR.jpg

if turn on normal noise reduction, will take how long to processing?
cause so far never used it at all.

Last edited:
if turn on normal noise reduction, will take how long to processing?
cause so far never used it at all.
doesn't feel like there is a significant impact.

compared with a pro body.
DSC04488.jpg