10D, 20D or 350D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haywire said:
since 350D tech spec is almost de same as 20D.. she would prefer to purchase a light weight DSLR. but of course, you cannot compare metal body over plastic ones.

350D for female

20D for male

haha!

correct me if im wrong. :)

sexist pigs!! why are you all assuming that because she is a girl she would want the lighter model?????

buckwheat said:
sexist pigs!! why are you all assuming that because she is a girl she would want the lighter model?????

hey..chill mate.

what would u suggest then?

most of my female friends would prefer a slim pns cam. they wouldn't want something like a cammie bigger than the size of their palm aight?

just my 2c... no need to be so aggressive yo

peace out.

buckwheat said:

relax.. most are lohz.. :)
Preferably I also want something light, so can bring to tour mah..
I 100% male, those tee kor kind (but veri restrained)

I think I'm one of the few females who prefer the 20D to the 350D. I would happily choose the 350D for its smaller size & lighter weight if I had not held it in my hand. The 350D felt awkward and not very comfortable, whereas the grip of the 20D felt really good and stable. I think it's the way the 350D grip is contoured & not about the size of the camera, coz I held a Panasonic FZ20 (which is slightly smaller than the 350D) for comparison & it felt right.

one more thing that i like abt 20D and is not available in 350D is the big round Dial beside the LCD . It is so useful and convenient and is so fast for you to set aperture and also the explosure.
When i use my uncle's 300D i feel so handicaped without it as 300D and 350D uses one of the "Up down left right" button to do this settings, and you will find that to adjust the aperture or explosure your face will have to leave the viewfnder, but with the dial, you can continue to look into the viewfinder while turning the dial.

People may not find this a big difference, but to me it is a lot of difference.

funksoulava said:
Hi all,

Anybody can advise which of the above is better value for her? She's a hobbyist who gets 'appointed' to shoot sometimes for company events. Would also appreciate estimated prices for these cams and where.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

If appointed for company events, shouldn't the company be buying the camera? If camera is stolen, it is not covered under the company insurance, does she want to take such risk?

Remember your friend also has to invest more on lenses/flashes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.