1080/60p MTS to iMovie 11 AIC?

sylvanas1147

May 25, 2011
I am considering purchasing Panasonic TM900, which offers 3D recording. And the TM700 is available on Amazon with about $170 less than TM900. I am not sure which one to buy yet. However, I notice some posts saying the 1080/60p video is not iMovie compatible. Is it true? Must the AVCHD files be transcoded to AIC for editing in iMovie 11?

3D is getting more and more popular, especially for the films. Actually, if you would wait for about 2 years to get all 3D home entertainment, just wait and get TM700 now. It is because that you would get a much better camcorder after 2 years.

It is stated in the iMovie supported list that the 1080/60p AVCHD video could not be imported. I think both H.264 .mov and AIC .mov would work for iMovie 11. You can have a try on the mts converter.

If you would like to join several clips into one for storage on NAS, final mate for mac would help you within seconds.

3D is nice but i am not so sure how editing works on 3D ?

for 1080/60p, iMovie will not import... have to use an external convertor like CclipWrap but its not free.... actually using the normal HA mode 1080/60i is already damn good quality...

I got the TM900. The files from the cam is MTS cannot be used in iMovie. I used Aunsoft Final Mate to convert it into other formats. But noticed the quality deteriorates as compared when I played directly from TM900 into my TV. Hope there is better advice out here.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I got the Panasonic HDC-TM900.