+10 closeup filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

damithc

Sep 22, 2004
NUS
damith.net
I'm looking to increase the macro power of my S1 IS. already have a +4 closeup filter but thinking of going for a +10 (if there's such thing as a +10 ;) )
Appreciate if anybody could enlighten me. is this locally available? price range (say for something like hoya?) is +10 too much?
thx in advance.

I think Hoya does have +10 closeup (according to MS) though Hoya never mention it in their website. Btw your S1 has 10x optical zoom, coupled with +4 should be good enough. :D I guess whether you need +10 or not depends on your subject. With +10, your working distance is about 10cm. Your choice. :D

Sad thing about the S1-IS is there's no real macro mode, I'm using the same camera too. If I didn't remember wrongly, the closest is at wide-angle which is around 4cm.

zedwerkz said:
If I didn't remember wrongly, the closest is at wide-angle which is around 4cm.
the problem of taking wide angle close up shots is you will capture many distracting things in the background.

I have not use 10+ closeup before but I can see you will get many distortion at the corners.

about $55 i think ... i got mine $60 for 55mm ..hoya...

skyflash said:
you mean super-macro mode? 4cm is quite good for macro. my Sigma 70-300 (macro) min focus distance is 95cm.

Yours is a telephoto lens, of course the min focus distance is further away

Alternatively you can stack another +3 Close-up. Will Degrade the quality a bit and DOF is very shalow.

Status
Not open for further replies.