what Best portrait Lens?

hey thanks for all the advice haha.. decided to stay with my currently lens.. planning to use my 70-200mm L lens..

taken using my 70-200mm L lens.

not bad. but it seems like u focused on her hair instead of her face :( try to focus on her eyes

haha will takenote bro.

the eyes are the window to the soul...

did you take with auto selection of focus points? try using the center focus point and then focus on the eyes or nose for quick focus and recompose shooting..

the eyes are the window to the soul...

did you take with auto selection of focus points? try using the center focus point and then focus on the eyes or nose for quick focus and recompose shooting..

nope i'm using the center focus point. =)

nope i'm using the center focus point. =)

then you have to be careful when recomposing after focusing using center point.. cos too much shift will mean the focus distance will change due to perspective change...

then you have to be careful when recomposing after focusing using center point.. cos too much shift will mean the focus distance will change due to perspective change...

noted thanks very much! :)

I you dont want a 50mm prime (whch is best for crop body portraits) just replace your kit lens with a 17-55 2.8 IS (sharpest standard zoom available)

or replace 70-200 F4 with
canon 70-200 2.8L / sigma 50-150 2.8/ tokina 50-135 2.8

but if you are already happy with current F4L, just stick with it! its a nice lens.
wherever you are happy is always the best option

Last edited: