[s1762] : Daily Sights 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

s1762

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
3rd Oct 2006
Was at Endau Rompin for a day tour. The main attraction was the rapids, but i found the journey there interesting if not even better! It was a 2 hours drive, thru tarmac & muddy tracks then a 40min boat ride. Plenty of chances for photography in the forest, but leeches abound. Not ideal for idling around long.

On a sidenote, driving there will reward one's car with natural's artwork in mud splatter. quite a nice sight to behold for urban me. :bigeyes:
031006.jpg

4th Oct 2006
A weary attempt at ant's portraits.
They all look alike.. There's a bigger one hiding near the nest entrance, making an occasional appearance for like 2 seconds periodically(my knees got tired squatting to shoot him). And there are real nice fierce looking ants, but they were just passing by..

Manual focus is no fun.. especially when ants DO scurry non-stop. It was basically shoot and hope for the best.

Below is one of the normal-est ant, which we all will squash without second thoughts.:bheart:

041006.jpg

5th Oct 2006
I went downstairs again to visit the same ant hole.. they seem to have extended their tunnel system. I wasn't quite please with yesterday's noisy picture. I capped it at ISO400 today, still noticeable noise. But that's beyond the point.

With today bright sun piercing through the haze, i managed to find a vantage point to photograph them. They really seem nonchalent about my lens casting such a huge shadow beside their entrance.

Work, work work nonstop they went about... unknown to this fella, his naked picture has been cast onto eternity on the internet.

051006.jpg

7th Oct 2006
Sigh, its already past midnight. Nevertheless, 2 photos from yesterday mark the end of an ant.
Another interesting fact i realised. HDB void decks are kinda void of insects... maybe i am not looking right.. or it could be the upgrading, dust and all..

Below is a cold ant... learnt that its an weaver ant from another thread.

071006.jpg

Little one asked "what are you doing?"
"I'm taking photos of the ant"
"I also want to take" and she proceeded to bring out her toys for photography.
071006B.jpg

8th Oct 2006
Tomorrow is start of school for me again. Was kinda disappointed there wasnt any orientation of any kind.. hah. to sweeten the bus ride to school, I bought some candy. Everyone should have tasted these before. Quite old-school feeling to me, and i like the taste too ;p

Some technical interesting facts. Its taken with a very old 1980s 50mm nikon lens(fungi and scratches included) with a 2006 D80. I relish the idea of antiques being use-able with modern technology. yum yum.

081006.jpg

9th Oct 2006
School isnt that relaxed afterall. Deadlines here and there, deadlines everywhere.
Its not that different from work... Priorities coming into play, control is required to adhere.

Here I share a picture of my newly photocopied notes. Lying on the same keyboard I used to reign the online games. Control I shall!

091006.jpg

10th Oct 2006
Have you ever simply rush through a task, just for the sake of getting it done with and over?
Throwing QC out of the window, just do do do, chiong-ing to say "its done".
Sigh...
Sometimes, having the above as an option is a luxury too.

Now, lets try to understand the below topic which happened thousands years ago.:dunno:
101006.jpg

11th Oct 2006
Children do mimick those around them.. hah!

111006.jpg

12th Oct 2006
at ease, if not too silent.

121006.jpg

15th Oct 2006
Typical of work to take over one's life so easily.

Happily helped a friend to take pictures of his western food, a no frills 'he cook i snap & eat' afternoon. fish& chips, big fat sausages, pork chop, chicken chop.. and what else.. :bsmilie:

Simply taken outdoor without any fancy equipment.. but alas, the window reflection's caught on the plate! makan! :sweatsm:

151006.jpg

13th Nov 2006
Been a month. With all the media reporting on the MotorShow and so many thread showing such beauties at the show. I had to go down and plonk that red note for a walk among the booths. Pray it win me the Impreze TS... or even that small motorbike... hahah
Here's my own photo at the show. Dangerously over-exposed.. nearly to the extent of an unuseable pic, all thx to the mass of photographers!

121106.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.