Recommended Macro Spots in Singapore

dawson31, you are right. Just went to Alexandra Hospital and very disappointed. No flowers at the Butterfly Park means no Butterfly.

If you intend to go to Labrador Nature Reserve, take MRT (circle line) and alight at Labrador Park station. Take the escalator up to the ground level, U-turn to the left and you can see a wooden platform. Further in on the left, you will see a trail. Just walk along the trail and you will see trees, plants and flowers on both sides. Take your time and watch out for bugs. Make sure you bring along an umbrella as there is no shelter along the trail. The trail will link you all the way into Labrador park and you will see sea view and park. Hope this guide will lead you to an enjoyable macro trip. Enjoy. ;)

dawson31, you are right. Just went to Alexandra Hospital and very disappointed. No flowers at the Butterfly Park means no Butterfly.

If you intend to go to Labrador Nature Reserve, take MRT (circle line) and alight at Labrador Park station. Take the escalator up to the ground level, U-turn to the left and you can see a wooden platform. Further in on the left, you will see a trail. Just walk along the trail and you will see trees, plants and flowers on both sides. Take your time and watch out for bugs. Make sure you bring along an umbrella as there is no shelter along the trail. The trail will link you all the way into Labrador park and you will see sea view and park. Hope this guide will lead you to an enjoyable macro trip. Enjoy. ;)
Thanks for sharing. I will be going down tomorrow after work .. Hope the bugs are around in the evening hours ..

dawson31: If you are going down during evening time, make sure you bring along a torch light. By the time you finished shooting, the sky will be getting dark. I doubt the trail has any street light. Is going to be very dark and moreover it is quite secluded there. Watch out for Ladybird on the leafs near the wooden platform outside the MRT. Enjoy.

dawson31: If you are going down during evening time, make sure you bring along a torch light. By the time you finished shooting, the sky will be getting dark. I doubt the trail has any street light. Is going to be very dark and moreover it is quite secluded there. Watch out for Ladybird on the leafs near the wooden platform outside the MRT. Enjoy.
thanks.. which route better? toward labrador villa road to Coastal Walk or along port road to the main entrance??? Late at night is it advisable to try the coastal walk up from the park? last round i went there for sunset,after that wanted to try the coastal but it was hell dark with no lighting at all..

thanks.. which route better? toward labrador villa road to Coastal Walk or along port road to the main entrance??? Late at night is it advisable to try the coastal walk up from the park? last round i went there for sunset,after that wanted to try the coastal but it was hell dark with no lighting at all..

Sorry slept early yesterday. I'm not driving there so I did not use any of routes you've mentioned above. I've walked along the trail just on the left side of the MRT station where most of the bugs are found there.

Last edited:
Thanks loboclerk for the compilation. Here are some sample photos taken from the various areas that mention here:

01. HortPark
02. Admiralty Park
03. Labrador Nature Reserve
04. Pasir Ris Park
05. Marang Trail
06. Sentosa Butterfly Park
07. Dairy Farm Nature Park
08. Admiralty Park, 2nd
09. Botanic Garden, 1st
10. Tampines ECO Park, 1st

Thanks again.

Added Botanic Garden and Tampines ECO Park sample photos link. Check it out. :)

Thanks.

Thanks loboclerk for the compilation. Here are some sample photos taken from the various areas that mention here:

01. HortPark
02. Admiralty Park
04. Pasir Ris Park
05. Marang Trail
08. Admiralty Park, 2nd
09. Botanic Garden, 1st
11. The Rail Mall - Railway Track, 1st
12. Rifle Range Trail, 1st

Thanks again.

Added The Rail Mall - Railway Track and Rifle Range Trail sample photos link. Check it out. :)

Thanks.

01. HortPark
02. Admiralty Park
04. Pasir Ris Park
05. Marang Trail
08. Admiralty Park, 2nd
09. Botanic Garden, 1st
11. The Rail Mall - Railway Track, 1st
12. Rifle Range Trail, 1st
13. Thanggam Forest, 1st

Thanks again.

Added Thanggam Forest sample photos link. Check it out. :)

Thanks.

Added photo links for Venus Drive, ZhengHua Forest, and sharing my macro equipments setup. Check it out. :)

Thanks.

Added photo link for Jurong Eco Garden. Check it out. :)

Thanks.

Added photo link for Pasir Ris Park (Night). Check it out. :)

Thanks.

Added photo link for Chestnut Avenue Nature Trail. Check it out. :)

Thanks.

Added photo link for Holland Road Green Path. Check it out. :)

Thanks.

Hey guys! Just wanted to share about a photo app that I'm working on for taking photos at the best spots in Singapore, it has recently released and I think you'd all be interested! It's called Explorest - it leads you to Singapore’s most beautiful photo locations using GPS coordinates & tips by the country’s best photographers. We’ll be expanding to California and many more places soon! Check it out on the iOS App store if you have some spare time!