New micro four third camera for DJI inspire 1

It is finally here. The Zenmuse X5R and X5S. X5R is a micro 4/3 mount that allow us to record lossless 4K video at 4:2:2 and have 13 stop of dynamic range. User can choose between the Olympus 12mm lens or the Panasonic 15mm lens. Inspire 1 flyer can also have the ability to do manual follow focus or autofocus remotely. ISO is up to 25600.

http://www.inspirepilots.sg/2015/09...w-micro-four-third-mount-with-the-zenmuse-x5/

Amazing they can get 4k lossless in such a small package. And we r wondering wtf is canon doing explaining that even fullHD lossless is not possible.

China....

Amazing they can get 4k lossless in such a small package. And we r wondering wtf is canon doing explaining that even fullHD lossless is not possible.

China....

The X5 comes in at about $3.2K (Gimbal + Lens)

The X5R comes in at about $8.2K (Gimbal + Lens + 512GB SSD) :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Definitely not something at normal user will buy.

The X5 comes in at about $3.2K (Gimbal + Lens)

The X5R comes in at about $8.2K (Gimbal + Lens + 512GB SSD) :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Definitely not something at normal user will buy.

Just waiting for the phantom line to have something similar. Doesnt even have to be m43 or interchangeable lens just anything larger than 1/2.3...

Just waiting for the phantom line to have something similar. Doesnt even have to be m43 or interchangeable lens just anything larger than 1/2.3...

Well I guess the phantom series is meant to compete with other drones in the market at the price range, so I doub't DJI is going to throw in something to increase the price. I am waiting for the day where UAV cameras can do optical zooming and the gimbal still can balance the camera properly.

Well I guess the phantom series is meant to compete with other drones in the market at the price range, so I doub't DJI is going to throw in something to increase the price. I am waiting for the day where UAV cameras can do optical zooming and the gimbal still can balance the camera properly.

Within the p3 itself there are already 3 price points... and unless the increase in sensor is really so expensive its actually a great way to set itself apart from the other brands...

Within the p3 itself there are already 3 price points... and unless the increase in sensor is really so expensive its actually a great way to set itself apart from the other brands...

Looking at the X5, the sensor plus gimbal is already 3K if we look at fixed lens, it probably be around $2.5K, so plus the P3 body, it will be about $3.2K. Will anyone buy a P3 for $3.2K? The other reason is also can the P3 carry the heavier load and still maintain a good flight time?

Looking at the X5, the sensor plus gimbal is already 3K if we look at fixed lens, it probably be around $2.5K, so plus the P3 body, it will be about $3.2K. Will anyone buy a P3 for $3.2K? The other reason is also can the P3 carry the heavier load and still maintain a good flight time?

The x5 is obviously overpriced atm due to lack of comp. Just not long ago the p2v on its debut was 2000 dollars. As for flight time, my p2 and a a5000/20mm could do 18 mins or so. Yes no gimbal but it was weighty. Have also seen others fly an rx with fpv. There is absolutely no reason to be so doggedly certain the p3/puny sensor is the best balance that can be in the foreseeable future.

The x5 is obviously overpriced atm due to lack of comp. Just not long ago the p2v on its debut was 2000 dollars. As for flight time, my p2 and a a5000/20mm could do 18 mins or so. Yes no gimbal but it was weighty. Have also seen others fly an rx with fpv. There is absolutely no reason to be so doggedly certain the p3/puny sensor is the best balance that can be in the foreseeable future.

Yes, after all for DJI is a business call. Will they want to cannibalised their inspire 1 sales by having a P3 Ultimate with a MFT sensor? Hopefully other 3rd party company will design something similar to compete to add pressure to DJI. I wish they have a lower price point too.