Flower thread

@ ahblack, it's a nice place, I intend to go again if I can make time for it

Tulipmania at Flower dome...and here's a Tulip shot :)

was at Flower Dome on Good Friday, a lot of people...the tulip species that I like was planted quite inside, couldn't take a good shot :( so walk around to see what's nice to take... here's what I ended up with.... c&c are welcomed

found another nice subject...

c&c welcomed

taken last Sunday... took out my 70-200 F4IS, my most comatose lens haha 1 year use once...or maybe longer =.='

If I may comment. Try toying with different angle and backgrounds. Currently everything is coming from the sides understanding you are keeping to 1/3 rule. Break it sometime. Go closer and you might be surprised. haha.

The reason why the white flowers + brighter flowers have black background is due to metering. Might want to use a reflector to throw light to the background / or creatively throw light to the background to allow non-black background.

I used to do a lot of flower macro photography years back. Haven't posted here in a long time! =)

Just my 2cts. Enjoyment is the most important! =)

Have fun!

If I may comment. Try toying with different angle and backgrounds. Currently everything is coming from the sides understanding you are keeping to 1/3 rule. Break it sometime. Go closer and you might be surprised. haha.

The reason why the white flowers + brighter flowers have black background is due to metering. Might want to use a reflector to throw light to the background / or creatively throw light to the background to allow non-black background.

I used to do a lot of flower macro photography years back. Haven't posted here in a long time! =)

Just my 2cts. Enjoyment is the most important! =)

Have fun!

Hi, thanks for dropping in and taking the time to write your comment, very much appreciated. Without comments, views and inputs I would have no clue what viewers think of the photos.
Yeah, I too have felt my photos are kinda same-old-same-old, and I'm trying to break-thru the creative block that kind of thing haha. At the same time, I totally agree with you that enjoying the photo-taking is important :)
Will be having fun and hope you will too.

This was done last month at Garden by the Bay too
$DSC_0844a.jpg

This was done last month at Garden by the Bay too

Yeah, I like visiting the place too. I almost always see photogs with serious gear and sometimes I will try to peek at what they shoot and sometimes people peek at what I shoot too haha....thanks for sharing

I've always wanted to shoot flowers in my home so that I have control over the positioning and can move and adjust leaves that I don't want in the frame. Well yesterday I got the chance, they were giving away free stalk of tulips at the Flower dome (yeah I'm too cheapskate to buy flowers to shoot). And so this is what I produce...c&c welcome....yeah I fell back on the tried and tested black bg again, but I'll be trying...

My shot at gardens by the bay 2 weeks ago. Was a weekend. Alot of ppl!

Sony A7II + SEL30M35 + Raynox DCR250

$ForumRunner_20150513_161430.jpg

thanks for dropping in infusia and sharing your close up shot. Yeah weekends tend to be crowded but nowadays I also take in the "atmosphere" :)

I'm very much into macro photography. But nv could get so close to the level that some I've seen here.

Went a few night macro with a friend. Will share some of the shots here for comments and learnings.

Thanks...

I'll share a few more shots from GBTB...

$ForumRunner_20150515_154623.jpg

$ForumRunner_20150515_154646.jpg

$ForumRunner_20150515_154703.jpg

hi infusia, thanks for sharing your shots.

All members feel free to share your flower shots. This is now a community sharing thread. Happy shooting all!

16420115554_837281460a_b.jpg

17042551015_f7cd4d0935_b.jpg