Digi Cabi DB-036 something blew when I plugged in

lacimarkus

Aug 29, 2010
Singapore
Guys,

Just emailed their service line, but asking here too. Currently in Thailand and of course something blew with this 2010 unit when I plugged it in. Any of you with similar problem - can you pls advise which part they changed on the PCB? Can't really go to SG in the coming weeks to have it serviced. Easier here and identifying the part that usually blows would make things easier for me. Thanks a lot.

$_20160524_122312.jpg

Just got this delivery failure reply. Guess I'll have to call them

The error that the other server returned was:
550 <service@digihub.com.sg> No such user here

I'm thinking of the small fuse above the 0.1 uF Tenta capacitor (yellow film box)

Possibly the glass fuse, however there must be a surged in current which caused the fuse to blow.
There may be other components faulty or short-circuited, better to send for repair than just to change
the fuse alone.

Possibly the glass fuse, however there must be a surged in current which caused the fuse to blow.
There may be other components faulty or short-circuited, better to send for repair than just to change
the fuse alone.

Not too many components on this board. Will have it checked tomorrow by a local service. If it doesn't work out, the digi cabi guys confirmed they can mail one for S$50+10 shipping.

Is it still under warranty? More then 5 yrs Liao right ? Quite nice of them to give u a discount on a new one.

That's only the price tag on the replacement board. :)

That's only the price tag on the replacement board. :)