Zuiko 300mm Test Shots (Mostly Rubbish)


Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacker

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,239
1
0
Cyberspace
#1
==============HIGH BANDWIDTH NEEDED. PLEASE BE PATIENT==============

These test shots were requested by noelleong, so here they are. NO CROPPING, NO FLASH. (I hope he does not ask me to test the 7-14mm--the upload of photos take longer than the shoot itself!). The photos were taken within a timeframe of slightly more than an hour as I walked once around the Esplanade this morning. Sorry, I meant Zuiko 150mm f2 lens shots (thinking in 35mm terms).

I tried to test under a variety of conditions, harsh lighting, backlighting; contrast, colors, etc. I also tried to make the samples as interesting as possible, but had limited time. As usual, comments are most welcome. There are no special effects and no polarizers, etc also.

Since many have asked how I do it? Well, the answer is on #43.

#1


#2


#3


#4


#5
 

Jan 1, 2006
161
0
0
Clementi
#5
Hi Hacker,
Very nice pictures! I'm very new to photography. In fact have not gone out for any proper photoshooting yet. May I know do you guys always use tripod when taking such shots?

Thanks
 

Hacker

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,239
1
0
Cyberspace
#6
Coltian2004 said:
Hi Hacker,
Very nice pictures! I'm very new to photography. In fact have not gone out for any proper photoshooting yet. May I know do you guys always use tripod when taking such shots?

Thanks
Nothing special about tripods. It just holds the camera steady since our hands shake and this can be obvious in the photos when the shutter speed or focal length is too long. So the answer has to be yes, as often as I can. But it can be a real pain....
 

Hacker

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,239
1
0
Cyberspace
#10
shchow said:
hi, Hacker

Are you using the ZD 150mm F2 lens to shoot these shots?

~ SH ~
Yes. I mentioned 300mm because I was thinking in 35mm terms.
 

b18

New Member
Nov 8, 2002
783
0
0
39
Kangaroo land
www.estphoto.com
#14
"rubbish" indeed !
excellent glass I must say. Not even a single tint of purple fringe in the images with strong backlight.

now .. should I jump ship .... :think:
 

Hacker

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,239
1
0
Cyberspace
#15
b18 said:
"rubbish" indeed !
excellent glass I must say. Not even a single tint of purple fringe in the images with strong backlight.

now .. should I jump ship .... :think:
I have been waiting to take some photos since the rains began and today, it did not rain in the morning. My wife gave me 2 hours do go and come back (our little boy fell ill yesterday), so I did not spend much time thinking about the shots. Therefore I consider them rubbish, but sufficiently good enough for testing. :cry:
 

serene

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
412
0
0
#16
Excellent, subarashiii:D :D Very nice photos..
 

b18

New Member
Nov 8, 2002
783
0
0
39
Kangaroo land
www.estphoto.com
#17
Hacker said:
I have been waiting to take some photos since the rains began and today, it did not rain in the morning. My wife gave me 2 hours do go and come back (our little boy fell ill yesterday), so I did not spend much time thinking about the shots. Therefore I consider them rubbish, but sufficiently good enough for testing. :cry:
no need the :cry: my friend.
imho your photo are collections of tastefully taken images.
see the esplanade snaps .... very very nice. I wish I can do one on the Sydney Opera House :think:

as said ... "one's rubbish is other treasure" :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

ykkok

New Member
Feb 24, 2004
532
0
0
#18
Hi Hacker, nice photos in such a short time.

Should you say "Zuiko 300mm f2.0 lens" in terms of 35mm format ? :bsmilie:
 

Hacker

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,239
1
0
Cyberspace
#19
ykkok said:
Hi Hacker, nice photos in such a short time.

Should you say "Zuiko 300mm f2.0 lens" in terms of 35mm format ? :bsmilie:
Yes...but I can't change the Title..

Here are more shots:

#36


#37


#38


#38a
 

ykkok

New Member
Feb 24, 2004
532
0
0
#20
Okay.... enuf enuf.... stop poisoning us ....! ;p
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom