Zouk + Dslr

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 25, 2007
Hi all.
Party photographer here. Was just wondering if you could bring a simple dslr into zouk eg on mambo nights. I carry a 400d btw. Did call them before but answer was too vague. I dont need stupid comments like "trial and error" or "-insert life story here-" short and sweet.

Thanks.

Well,

I guess you can bring. When you see people start bringing their digicam out to snap photos of themselves, I guess your DSLR also can come out. If they stop you, just tell them others are also taking photos. Just that your cam looks BIGGER that's all :bsmilie:

Well,

I guess you can bring. When you see people start bringing their digicam out to snap photos of themselves, I guess your DSLR also can come out. If they stop you, just tell them others are also taking photos. Just that your cam looks BIGGER that's all :bsmilie:

well, i've been stopped before. i was there earlier to shoot a school event. on re entering after the event the made me put my camera in the lockers.

If I'm not wrong, you'll need to be one of those registered 'Night Spot Photographers' or something like that in order to take your camera into such places to take photos.

Since you are a party photographer, think you should know something about it, or at least it's easier for you to find out about it.

Good Luck!

actually, as far as i know.. zouk is the only club in singpore where cameras are not allowed..

so only way is to sneak it in.

Hi all.
Party photographer here. Was just wondering if you could bring a simple dslr into zouk eg on mambo nights. I carry a 400d btw. Did call them before but answer was too vague. I dont need stupid comments like "trial and error" or "-insert life story here-" short and sweet.

Thanks.

you will be stopped...but you as a party photograhper you should know what to do right...ok...maybe you not been to all the club...

actually, as far as i know.. zouk is the only club in singpore where cameras are not allowed..

so only way is to sneak it in.

how to sneak in.....DSLR is so big....

i previously covered my sch event at st james but i got to get the crew tag from the committee. if you're covering event then just bring in and get a tag. otherwise if you're bringing to zouk, don't use flash shoot discreetly until otherwise told to stop, when told, act blur

If I'm not wrong, you'll need to be one of those registered 'Night Spot Photographers' or something like that in order to take your camera into such places to take photos.

Since you are a party photographer, think you should know something about it, or at least it's easier for you to find out about it.

Good Luck!

bro, can share how to register?

I usually bring a DSLR and a prime lens if I'm having drinks with a huge bunch, never had any issues.

bro, can share how to register?
I am trying to find out myself also, had asked a friend that work in one of the pub club to find out for me already, so now is waiting for her reply.

Will update everyone here if I get any info.

i brought my 300D with kit lens and flash into zouk about 2 years ago with the camera wrapped in a towel. the bouncer just asked me what it is, show him and gave me some weird stare. he let me in after that.

i think has got to do with the crowd status. i went on a wednesday, and i went in pretty early at 10 odd. =)

if you bring
you will find out!

shorter and sweeter

Quite the redundant reply i was expecting from a dumb CSer.

Well aside from his misadventures, i've gotta say Zouk is really anal about this situation.
What i do not understand is their level of conservativeness. I mean, if i did take pictures and post them somewhere, its free publicity for them (excluding the illicit ones of course)

Sigh. Singapore should really take a chill pill.

Well aside from his misadventures, i've gotta say Zouk is really anal about this situation.
What i do not understand is their level of conservativeness. I mean, if i did take pictures and post them somewhere, its free publicity for them (excluding the illicit ones of course)

so uptight
relax and take a chill pill!

ha well, same reasoning everywhere la, if the customers complain then they have to tell you, not very nice, so just stop everything first

play nice, ppl.

I'm quite Sure you need to be nomiated as a photographer by an approved website/publication
only then u'll be able to get a media pass

True dat, thanks for advice anyhows.

Status
Not open for further replies.