Zoom effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaknafein

Oct 29, 2005
my room
www.flickr.com
i saw some pictures with this "zooming" effect like the one below. was wondering how issit taken... can anyone please enlighten me? :)

My head is spinning... :faint:

1) Photoshop

2) As you press the shutter, zoom out/in accordingly.

hey espn haha at work?
how to keep the subject sharp (in this case, the driver) while the rest of the picture have this effect?

Could be PS.

If you have zoom lens, you can try set slower shutter speed (ie.: 1/8s), set aperture accordingly to correct exposure. Put camera on tripod (or handheld if you can). Zoom to tele. Focus to subject. Press Shutter release and quickly zoom to wide.

Practice make perfect!

Regards,
Arto.

thanks, will give it a try later see how it turns out lol.
ill post the results here if i have time :p

well i tried and it didnt turn out well :(
probably need to practice more haha, this is what i got

DSCF0729e1.jpg

DSCF0707e1.jpg

oh, im sorry, but i wanted to show what i meant by "zoom effect". ill take off the pic now.
how do i show pics that are not mine in the future?

i think ur right, the background is too plain... but the red dot where i was aiming doesnt looks sharp too :(

wow very impressive!
did u use a tripod? ur mickey mouse face seems very sharp compared to mine. i did not use tripod....
may i ask what was ur exposure settings?

sykestang said:
Here's my take during the new year celebration at Esplanade. I called it 'Starfield of Lights' :)

image0002.jpg
nice! looks very abstract.... what issit actually?:dunno:

Zaknafein said:
wow very impressive!
did u use a tripod? ur mickey mouse face seems very sharp compared to mine. i did not use tripod....
may i ask what was ur exposure settings?
Thank you, it's trial and error shoot, around 10 photos take only the sharpest one :sweat: .

D70s with 18-70mm, M mode, shutter speed is 1/2s, aperture f/6.3 (according to light meter), ASA200. Use tripod. Zoom from 70mm to 50mm (slowly, since it is 1/2s).

Practice make perfect ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

redboy872002 said:
Care to enlighten us how do u get this pic? Thanks v much! ;) Superb pic
Read post #2, 2nd point.

maybe a lens baby?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.