Zoo/Bird Park Individual Memberships are reinstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Not sure if our appeal had anything to do with it, but the outcome was the desired result, although the next talking point will be the increase in membership fees.

Individual FOZ/FOB Memberships at $60/year.
Individual Night Safari Memberships at $90/year.

Individual Wildlife Unlimited Memberships (access all 3 parks) at $150/year.

For the individual schemes, the new charges are almost double the old ($36 vs $60 - approx 65% increase) but still represents good value if you intend to visit the Zoo or Bird Park more than 5 times per year. Also, if I am not wrong, members are entitled to 10% discount on F&B (certain items excluded).

Darren said:
Not sure if our appeal had anything to do with it, but the outcome was the desired result, although the next talking point will be the increase in membership fees.

For the individual schemes, the new charges are almost double the old ($36 vs $60 - approx 65% increase) but still represents good value if you intend to visit the Zoo or Bird Park more than 5 times per year. Also, if I am not wrong, members are entitled to 10% discount on F&B (certain items excluded).

IMHO, most photographers will not go more than 5 times per year... except for the beginners that are very keen. All the lao jiao will probably go once a year! :bsmilie:

well, not the best news i expected but good enuff for individuals who wanted to join FOZ. not economical for couple/dual membership. for couple/dual memberships, think just have to settle for the $100 family membership or the $240 wildlife unlimited memberships (access all 3 parks)....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nemesis32 said:
IMHO, most photographers will not go more than 5 times per year... except for the beginners that are very keen. All the lao jiao will probably go once a year! :bsmilie:

i've already been to the zoo 5 times this year & more than 15 times last year.

Darren said:

Sounds good enough to me! ;)

Darren said:
Individual Wildlife Unlimited Memberships (access all 3 parks) at $150/year.[/B]

Look likes this is more advantages to the individual ... :think:

If not I will just have to settle using corporate FOZ card ... go thru the hassel of booking, using and return before 9am the next day ... :sweat:

Celsius said:
$60 to access both birdpark n zoo or just one.
Its $60 for each membership scheme.

FOZ - $60
FOB - $60

If you foresee that you will visit both parks regularly, its better to go for the Wildlife Unlimited scheme.

with $60, i can pay for two FOZ last time. now only one already $60. i don't think i'm renewing my foz. i'll only go if FOC.

photografixed said:
with $60, i can pay for two FOZ last time. now only one already $60. i don't think i'm renewing my foz. i'll only go if FOC.
To all those who have the $$$ to join, by all means join the membership. I started joining the Zoo when i started working, abt 20 years ago! After married I upgraded to Family and i have never regretted because the zoo and SBP have brought back so many wonderful memories and sights (never went there to take photo until a yr ago). My children loved to go there until they started playing with PS/Xbox and PC (what irony!). Now i go there alone with my cam once in a few months.
I have nvr felt any waste of $$$ in the membership because I am very proud of the SZOO and SBP. They have nvr been profitable and though there were many management problems with these organisation, I have nvr doubted i will give my full support to them because I love all the wonderful animals and birds. Even with many sponsors, I know it is VERY expensive to feed all the animals, especially the wild cats and big ones. Just wonder how much meats they have to consume daily. Do you know they have to be feed with good stuffs, such as vitamins, fruits, etc (exactly what we had at home) and not leftovers, etc to ensure that they are in good health?
So my friends, if you can afford, please give your best support to the membership .... $20 a month ($240pa) i'll set aside for life for the likes of ah Meng and friends... Think of this like giving a friend a treat... somemore these animals have given us so much happiness and bring pride to our country.
Further for your information, i think it is really value for money in Singapore. In the London Zoo, one needs to pay like $60 per person per day to enter, Berlin Zoo, abt $40, etc.

thanks for your story.. might consider joining.. my grandma had a life membership from like 80 years ago she said, but i never seen it,, hahahaha

JAG said:
thanks for your story.. might consider joining.. my grandma had a life membership from like 80 years ago she said, but i never seen it,, hahahaha

I have also joined the Life Membership shortly before they removed the product. I paid about $500 plus for two persons. :sweatsm:

Hey that's kinda good news cos quite piss off when they announced going to get rid of the membership. Plan on joining. Anyone know if I can do it online and if so can let me know the website? ;)

A Reply from them, ;)

Dear Sir

Thank you for your interest in our Friends of the Zoo membership.

The rates for our Individual Friends of the Zoo / Bird is at $60 per annum,
Individual Friends of Night Safari at $90 per annum, and Individual Wildlife
Unlimted at $150 per annum.

To join us as a Friend, you could do it on the spot, at your next visit to
the Zoo, and use the card for immediate entry.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thank you very much, and we wish you many more enjoyable experiences at the
Zoo.

Best Regards,
Sharon Wang

Corporate Affairs Executive
did : +65 6360 8515
fax: +65 6365 2331

Wildlife Reserves Singapore

www.zoo.com.sg ; www.nightsafari.com.sg ; www.birdpark.com.sg

Like 5 rolls of D/P (4r) you mean? per year?

Status
Not open for further replies.