Zoo: 19June2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
szekiat said:
My photos from the zoo shoot on sat. Thanks must go out to majereSG for getting me free entrance as well as adamgoi for making the shoot possible. Mr Goi is a very good teacher, leads excursions like a pro :p

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v249/szekiat/nature/

Pls critique away.

Hi szekiat. Generally I find the pics lack some punch and the color is a little dull. Maybe can add some USM and Curves to give them a 3D effect? :)

chngpe01: I think he has to use a support for his arms will "break" by hand-holding that 6kg glass! :sweat:

i'm a PS idiot so all i've done is cropped the shots for framing and some bits of level adjustment. I was using a tripod that was definitely not rated for my lens though. Its rated at 5kg. I need a new tripod.

Nice series. Would like to see more shots of animals interacting with each other tho.

PS: Your CMOS/CCD needs some serious cleaning. Consider cloning/healing brush them away in PS?

yeah, my ccd is dead dirty. I do event coverage and sports a lot so lots of dirt gets in. A dirty CCD is also quite hard to spot usually since my background is usually cluttered. Ah well...going for zoo trips are always like this. U never have enuff time to focus your attention on the animals. Its like going for a guided tour. haha. :p just blabbering....

szekiat said:
yeah, my ccd is dead dirty. I do event coverage and sports a lot so lots of dirt gets in. A dirty CCD is also quite hard to spot usually since my background is usually cluttered. Ah well...going for zoo trips are always like this. U never have enuff time to focus your attention on the animals. Its like going for a guided tour. haha. :p just blabbering....

After helping him healing brush/clone like 600+ photos from a F1 race event, friend of mine in full-time sports and event coverage would air-blow the sensor before any shoot... his usual ritual. ;)

Alternatively, keep the lens on the cam all the time...same guy I just mentioned has his 24-70 or 300 f2.8 wielded to a 1D and 16-35 wielded to kodak DSC520.
:devil:

Waste time to save time, if u know what I mean, hehe. Removing dust spots in post-production at large volume is no joke :sweat:

Hi szekiat,

Many good shots there! Very nice closeups so far that is seldom seen in CS. May I know what lens you were using?

As the others said, the colours somewhat lack punch and some images appear a bit soft. I suppose it's straight from a DSLR is it? I always have this problem too.

hmm it was shot at f11. No idea how it can still be soft. I was using a 400mm f2.8 with a 2x converter and a 2.8x converter(go fig this one) on a 1D body. Canturn, point noted, will get down to cleaning it soon. haha.

Jeff said:
Hi szekiat. Generally I find the pics lack some punch and the color is a little dull. Maybe can add some USM and Curves to give them a 3D effect? :)

chngpe01: I think he has to use a support for his arms will "break" by hand-holding that 6kg glass! :sweat:

In that case, pardon my frankness, not much justice is done for that piece of fine glass ie. 400mm 2.8.

yup. i think so too. Still a rank amateur here...pls bear with me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.