Zipcar.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
Go check out Zipcar.com

It's a car rental company that's making waves in the US thanks to its convenience and adoption of Wireless technologies that make it simple to use. And it's really environmentally friendly because you only use the car when you need it.

Here's her talk at ted.com http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/212
(for those not in the know, www.ted.com has very good videos from the people at the forefront of each industry)

Just sharing this idea and hope some loaded entrepreneur can implement this in Singapore because honestly, we have too many cars sitting unused. I might type what she said in her talk though.

There are car sharing schemes here in Singapore already too.

They are: NTUC Income Car Co-Op, WhizzCar and the Honda Diracc.

All of them have similar business models as zipcar.com.
The thing is I dont find them as convenient.

Zipcars are parked around carparks within walking distance for most people. And you reserve a car using the internet, and thereafter walk to the nearest parking lot in half an hour. You tap your Zipcard on the windscreen and the car automatically unlocks. Just return within the time limit at the same slot.

You pay per hour literally.

edit: NTUC looks quite good. Thanks Canew for pointing it out! Cheers!

The thing is I dont find them as convenient.

Zipcars are parked around carparks within walking distance for most people. And you reserve a car using the internet, and thereafter walk to the nearest parking lot in half an hour. You tap your Zipcard on the windscreen and the car automatically unlocks. Just return within the time limit at the same slot.

You pay per hour literally.

edit: NTUC looks quite good. Thanks Canew for pointing it out! Cheers!

Welcomed, Bro. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.