ZIO USB SM reader and opinions ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finaly got my ZIO SmartMedia reader , it works great with my win2k based system .
But the colour of it its black !! no deep blue like in the pictures ..
Any way it works fine , i did the Pano hack to my new 128 megs Smart media , using the files ,that i found at the Oly C2100 forum in Yahoo ..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly2100/

You only need to register , and then you will find there more interesting files about the Oly C 2100 ..
From the views and the replys , i can tell that the ZIO readers is not that popular in your country ..

I have a ZIO SmartMedia reader... but I don't use it anymore..

I use the Imation FlashGo instead now... which doesn't need additional drivers for WinXP, automatic recognition..

For ZIO, I will still need to install the WinXP drivers... which wasn't supplied when I bought it (some time back) and haven't gotten to their website to download it yet.

It looks that you have long time to check their site , the XP drivers is there ;)
Even in the box of the reader there is one sticker saying XP ready ..

I own a non-Oly 128 Mb SM card. I would love to hack the card to allow me to do pano on this card. Without the ZIO or similar card reader, I guess I will need to relie on friendly sources. Anyone of you with the SM card reader willing to do me a favour?

Jayan, perhaps you can organise a gathering to hack non-Oly cards?

Cheers
Deadly :cool:

Ok , this is sample of pano from my new hacked 128 megs smart media :) Long live the ZIO king ;)

Image2.jpg

hi, quite blur here. but wat is pano? wat do it do?

Wahliao, I'm salivating. Anyone kind enough to hack my card for me?

Kim, pano stands for panoramic.

You can get SmartMedia card reader/writers that will work just as well for under 40 dollars. The only difference between them and the Zio will be looks and price. Quality wise... they all originate from Taiwan, so go figure.

Originally posted by Richard
You can get SmartMedia card reader/writers that will work just as well for under 40 dollars. The only difference between them and the Zio will be looks and price. Quality wise... they all originate from Taiwan, so go figure.

My notebook got a build in card reader.....but it don't support the smprep.exe......

Status
Not open for further replies.