Zidane Red Card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what he did was impulsive, and totally uncalled for... and he totally deserved that red card. Too bad for france.. They lost their best penalty taker....

i think this one will replace the 'hand of God' by maradonna... Zidane will be known as the "Golden Head" ;p

:bsmilie:

sad and shocked. Mr. Cool no more.

Head of God... swept Marterazzi off the ground...

i wonder what did Marterazzi say...

think the next WC will have mics on the field... listen tp provocative conversation...

really... look at the video again...

there was alot of conversation going on...

anybody knows english, italian, french and can lip read?

or anybody can find the info from the web?

please let me know... i am curious...

cerebrus said:
Looks like he tweaked his nipple or something. :bsmilie:

Yep, looks like Italians playing dirty as usual. Too bad Zidane had to lose his cool - must have been copping a lot of **** from the Italians to blow up like that.

if zidane was not red card, he would be a penalty taker. Was'nt it David Treqeuz the one that replace him for the shoot and he missed? So suay.

Italians like to bring mama/papa into thier conversations, maybe that's why he ganna headed....LOL:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

It's was funny when Zidane gave him the head.
like... you see him fall and put his hand on his head, then he realises where he was actually his and puts his hand there instead!

Bad acting! haha :D

Will zidane get the MVP?:cry: with a red card:embrass:

I dozed off for most part of the 2nd half... so this was what I missed... Gosh, it must have been something the Italian player said that caused Zidane to react so violently... So unfortunately to exit his national team career this way... :cry:

Hey. Looking back now. Maybe it was planned.

The Italians trying to provoke Zidane to lash out.
By hitting one of the Italian players, Zidane is gonna:

1) get a red card
2) France will be one player short

:dunno:

Ukay said:
what he did was impulsive, and totally uncalled for... and he totally deserved that red card. Too bad for france.. They lost their best penalty taker....

i think this one will replace the 'hand of God' by maradonna... Zidane will be known as the "Golden Head" ;p

:bsmilie:

You say that, but you do not know why he did it, my guess is that one of the Italy players said something to him, maybe a very racist comment, which caused him to lash out. He wouldnt just do it. I actually think, if he was going to head butt the guy, he should have just punched his lights out, going to get sent off either way, may as well make it worth it!

wildstallion said:
You say that, but you do not know why he did it, my guess is that one of the Italy players said something to him, maybe a very racist comment, which caused him to lash out. He wouldnt just do it. I actually think, if he was going to head butt the guy, he should have just punched his lights out, going to get sent off either way, may as well make it worth it!
then not only he has to contend with the red card, the law might also come in.

jOhO said:

What law? They are different nationalities not different races.

I fully agree that Zidane deserved a red card, regardless of what was said, he shouldn't have reacted, particularily the way he did.

The problem I have with his sending off is that neither the referee nor the linesman actually saw what happened. It was only after the linesmans attention was brought to the video replay did he say anything to the ref and then only when asked. This is NOT allowed under the current rules of the game. If the video replay is to be used for this event, then it should be used for the entire game and every game - you can't make up the rules as you go.

jOhO said:

yeah, true, but if he was provoaked by a racist remark then it would be mildy justified and the law may actually investigate more into the Italian player rather than Zidane

cyber_m0nkey said:
What law? They are different nationalities not different races.

I fully agree that Zidane deserved a red card, regardless of what was said, he shouldn't have reacted, particularily the way he did.

The problem I have with his sending off is that neither the referee nor the linesman actually saw what happened. It was only after the linesmans attention was brought to the video replay did he say anything to the ref and then only when asked. This is NOT allowed under the current rules of the game. If the video replay is to be used for this event, then it should be used for the entire game and every game - you can't make up the rules as you go.

They didn't make up any rule as they went. It was already set for the world cup.
I hope it will be used more often in less important games as well.

wildstallion said:
yeah, true, but if he was provoaked by a racist remark then it would be mildy justified and the law may actually investigate more into the Italian player rather than Zidane
well.. it's kinda tough when no one heard wat marterazzi said but the whole world (just about) saw wat zidane did....

wildstallion said:

racist? what race? Zidane's race? Materazzi's race? Isn't it the same?

for the record, Materazzi said "ciao ciao!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.