Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

BUY BUY BUY :devil:

I really like the T* coating.. but I think the chrome ring spoils everything... so ugly.

wooo!!!....
Legendary Carl Zeiss lens on nikon..
Hmmm..so when will it be coming?

are these P lens w chip or AIS lens?

think the chrome rings are unique feature

surge said:

Hehehe...

Wait until you fit it wrongly on camera because the chrome colour is looks like the lens' mount :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

lsisaxon said:
I really like the T* coating.. but I think the chrome ring spoils everything... so ugly.

An antique lens on a modern body - like an old man with an 18 yo wife.. hehe.. :bsmilie: :bigeyes:

surge said:

I don't think the Contax nor Hasselblad lenses looks like that. I think it resembles Rollei lenses a little. Wait till you shoot something in bright sunlight and you start to see additional flares then you'll know where it comes from.

smallaperture said:
An antique lens on a modern body - like an old man with an 18 yo wife.. hehe.. :bsmilie: :bigeyes:

I like that idea :devil:

I my have missed out on the part but did they mention whether their MF lens or AF? Unless of course they're like the pentax limiteds - metal body with AF.

and here i thought they'll be like the N mount lens.

pscion12 said:
I my have missed out on the part but did they mention whether their MF lens or AF? Unless of course they're like the pentax limiteds - metal body with AF.

and here i thought they'll be like the N mount lens.
MFs with a longer throw focusing ring for more accurate focusing unlike 'photojournalistic lenses'.

Here's the link for the Q&A.
http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/5abd5bc6297eb165c12570f900407e35

lsisaxon said:
MFs with a longer throw focusing ring for more accurate focusing unlike 'photojournalistic lenses'.

http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/5abd5bc6297eb165c12570f900407e35

If you want retro, must go all the way and do MF - only thing modern cams got no focusing aids like split rings etc. Maybe, fiddling with the focusing ring, wheels and all sorts of buttons in the cam is part of the fun. Now, playing with the PP after the shoot doubles the fun. :cool: :bsmilie:

lsisaxon said:

never mind ugly lah.... i am sure some people will buy it just because its carl zeiss.....:sweat:

smallaperture said:
If you want retro, must go all the way and do MF - only thing modern cams got no focusing aids like split rings etc. Maybe, fiddling with the focusing ring, wheels and all sorts of buttons in the cam is part of the fun. Now, playing with the PP after the shoot doubles the fun. :cool: :bsmilie:
Like what they used to say in the olden days. Something like 'photography is 70% shooting and 30% darkroom work'. I can't remember the exact figures though.

lsisaxon said:

oh yeah....I skipped that part. Not for action/sports then, isn't that the same reasoning they gave for Contax?

ZS has the M-42 screw mount, the one that used to be called the "Universal SLR mount." We don't think the M-42 screw mount is going to take the market by storm, but it has a unique advantage: there are M-42 adapters available for any SLR bayonet mounts, including Canon EOS and FD. So you can adapt a ZS lens onto any 35 mm SLRs (and many other applications as well) if you crave the optical characteristics of this lens line and are willing to get along without the convenience functions of recent lenses.

In short - it means they're rehauling the m42 mount - am i right? So that means unless the lenses has the means to communicate with the camera, its gonna be stopped down - unless of course they have the a/m switch like the old m42 lenses. But wait.......does that mean.....we can use this lenses on m42 bodies like the spotmatics and bessaflex tm?

Hmmm hmmmm hmmm........?:think:

Who has a tm for sale?

lsisaxon said:
I don't think the Contax nor Hasselblad lenses looks like that. I think it resembles Rollei lenses a little. Wait till you shoot something in bright sunlight and you start to see additional flares then you'll know where it comes from.

good point....maybe zeiss is trying to tell us that their lens are so good that even the chrome ring won cause flare......or they have the latest photogrey technology...the chrome turns black under sunlight:bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
without VR and SWM .. these lens can outlast you .. :what:

its okie KO... he/she/it might be too young to know wats a zeiss... :bsmilie:

i want dat 85/1.4.... :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.