Zenitar Fisheye 16mm with M42 EOS Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

EOS500N

Jul 24, 2003
www.pbase.com
faced a problem using this lens on my EOS Elan 7E (aka EOS 30). apparently the SLR's mirror will hit the inside of the lens when the shutter is released.

no such problem when i tried it on my 350D. anyone knows the cause of this? pls help. thanx a million!

check out http://photonotes.org/reviews/zenitar-fisheye/

seems like of all eos bodies, only EOS 30 got this problem. in this case, try screwing out the default rear UV filter, which will give extra 1 to 2 mm for mirror to clear.

cheers

Supposedly, this is a more of a problem for the Zenitar with M42 mount + M42 to EOS adaptor. Heard that the Zenitar with dedicated EOS mount is better. Is it possible to swap the mount?

I have one on the 20D, no "engineering" issues but my infinity focal point - where everthing is sharp - is at the 60mm mark and not at the usual infinity mark. Is this normal ?

i have tried it already. Removing the rear filter solves the problem. My EOS 30 mirror no longer hits the lens.

Wormz777 uses zenitar 16mm f2.8 fish-eye on his eos 33 with no problem. Can check with him.

eos 30 & eos 33 are the same body.

denniskee said:
Wormz777 uses zenitar 16mm f2.8 fish-eye on his eos 33 with no problem. Can check with him.

eos 30 & eos 33 are the same body.
thanx dude. apparently as long as i dun use a rear filter its fine. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.