Zenitar 16mm fisheye

Status
Not open for further replies.

weevil84

Jul 26, 2004
Tampines
Saw quite a few reviews on this lens... Mostly from people overseas. Wonder if anyone based locally has used this lens? Thinking of getting an FD-mount one to bring to a mountaineering trip. Any advice? Any idea of the street price or is it even available in local shops? How about second hand prices? Thanks alot! :think: :vhappy:

andi1704

Oct 10, 2003
weevil84 said:
Saw quite a few reviews on this lens... Mostly from people overseas. Wonder if anyone based locally has used this lens? Thinking of getting an FD-mount one to bring to a mountaineering trip. Any advice? Any idea of the street price or is it even available in local shops? How about second hand prices? Thanks alot! :think: :vhappy:
you can try Fotografix at Lucky chinatown, they have it, street market is around 300, but better you check first, its a good lens.

you can check http://www.kievcamera.com/camera.php?ID=15 they also deliver to overseas, last was check with them and total is about the same if you buy here, just email them enquiry first.

leafleaf

Aug 21, 2004
www.leafleaf.com
weevil84 said:
i have one which i'm thinking of selling... just PMed you..

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
think someone once held a MO for this lens b4. but, there seems to be some problems for the canon EF mount. but, the last i saw, it was solved already.

was thinking of getting a 16mm too for my 300D (16*1.6=~28mm). just a nice WA for my cam. :thumbsup:

oh yeah. the kiev camera website seems to be down....

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
nightwolf75 said:
was thinking of getting a 16mm too for my 300D (16*1.6=~28mm). just a nice WA for my cam. :thumbsup:

It would be nice only if you don't mind the distortion.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
Kit said:
It would be nice only if you don't mind the distortion.
yeah.... guess have to live with it lah. sigh... problem of the 1.6 crop factor... so far, not counting the kit lens, i only have 28mm on my 28-90mm zoom, which only give ~40mm. the kit lens, at 15mm (~24mm) gives weird images (IMO) when i try to take grp shots. :confused: mebbe its the limitation of my kit lens lah.

weevil84

Jul 26, 2004
Tampines
hmmmz... 300 bucks for a fisheye with quite ok review... seems like worth it... anyone who has used it? any bad reviews?

weevil84

Jul 26, 2004
Tampines
bumping up cos need more info on the lens... where to buy locally/bad reviews/things to look out for when buying etc etc...

arm

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Because it is not corrected for rectilinear distortion it is wider than a 28mm lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom