Zenitar 16mm f2.8 Fisheye lens ~ infinity focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyD70S

Dec 25, 2005
Singapore
Good day,

I'm thinking of purchase this relatively cheap manual focus fisheye lens.

Straight from the factory, I understand that this lens need some "tweaking" before it can achieve infinity focus.

Does anyone who has experience with it care to share the "degree-of-difficulty" involved ?

I'm basically not a handyman :sweat:

Good day,

I'm thinking of purchase this relatively cheap manual focus fisheye lens.

Straight from the factory, I understand that this lens need some "tweaking" before it can achieve infinity focus.

Does anyone who has experience with it care to share the "degree-of-difficulty" involved ?

I'm basically not a handyman :sweat:

I've owned this lens before... I'm not sure whether it applies to every copy of this lens, but I found myself having to turn to infinity and a little back, so that photos won't turn out as blurry... I'm not too sure what you mean by 'degree-of-difficulty' though :sweat: :)

It's quite an easy procedure. There are 3 screws on the focusing barrel (hidden under the focusing rubber). This is where you adjust the infinity. It can be done in less than 5 minutes.
There are a few instructions on how to adjust infinity on-line

Yes. I've seen those instructions ... but I'm not good at such stuff.

Well, let's see how it goes.

Thank you.

Here's a simple instruction:

1. Mount the lens in your camera (preferably camera with split focusing screen)
2. Remove the focusing rubber
3. Focus to a distant subject. Since it's a wide angle, any subject which is at least 5meters is good enough.
4. Loosen (not remove) the 3 screws until the focusing barrel turns freely.
5. Turn the focusing ring until the infinity marking is directly aligned to the center line
6. Tighten the screws then return the rubber

Another option:
Let's have coffee after work then I can teach you

Thanks fatigue.

That's a clear enough 6 pointer.

Now to place on order for the lens itself :)

The screws are a major PITA esp with its size. Make sure you have a small tray to keep them when removing if not, if it falls onto the carpet... Good game.

I actually calibrated my Zenitar with live view and a 10x magnification, madee life easier.

Hi!
Understand there is a Nikon mount version as well, cars to share the information on where about to get it and its pricng? Should works on a D200 right? Thanks!

How small are those screws? Would those screwdrivers for our spectables work?

The screws are a major PITA esp with its size. Make sure you have a small tray to keep them when removing if not, if it falls onto the carpet... Good game.

I actually calibrated my Zenitar with live view and a 10x magnification, madee life easier.

Yes, the Zenitar FE comes in various mounts. You have to specify your camera mount when purchasing. It will work on your D200 like an Ai, Ai-S lens.

Hi!
Understand there is a Nikon mount version as well, cars to share the information on where about to get it and its pricng? Should works on a D200 right? Thanks!

Thanks! Bro. Can PM me on where I can order this lens. Thanks!

Here's my tip, no need to remove the screw, just loosen them. It should be loose by 1 or 2 turns. That's why I could to do it anywhere. I remember I adjusted for somebody inside a fast food chain.

How small are those screws? Would those screwdrivers for our spectables work?

Screwdrivers for spectacles are quite small.

Last edited:
Got it finally (from jim_mcgill). Thankfuly, no intervention needed :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.