Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyanbloodbane

Mar 18, 2002
I am trying accentuate the stillness (leaves at foreground) with motion (waterfall). Would like to have your comments.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
under exposed....and the water will look nicer if u use longer shutter speed....

and the plant at the bottom..,...kinda distracting?

KoolBlue

Jan 30, 2002
TP
yusufkay.multiply.com
Originally posted by kamwai
under exposed....and the water will look nicer if u use longer shutter speed....

and the plant at the bottom..,...kinda distracting?
Yup, the focus seems to be more on the plant than the waterfall.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
The exposure looks fine and the shutter speed is slow enough. My personal opinion is that the plant adds to the foreground interest but maybe try different ways of presenting it. Maybe change of camera angle...

cyanbloodbane

Mar 18, 2002
Thanks for the comments. Would a tighter crop helps?

cyanbloodbane

Mar 18, 2002
Originally posted by igpenguin
Hi cyanbloodbane,

Is the colour cast deliberate?
Yes. The cast is deliberate to give a cool feel to it. What do you think of it?

igpenguin

Jan 30, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi cyanbloodbane,

I'm not sure how to comment. The color cast is an interesting idea though I feel the picture's execution seem to be off. Then again I may be basing my view on past imageries I have seen, and pictures of "Zen" likeness "usually" exhibit this and that sort of quality.

Like for instance, I can think of balance, soft-lighting, and the colours tend towards warm or neutral. But that is just my limited perspective.

You have made a deliberate attempt at making the picture, and I'm sure you will be able to make better pictures in your own style persevering at it. Who are the photographers whose style you like?

And probably you weren't as mobile as you wanted to be at the location?

cyanbloodbane

Mar 18, 2002
Originally posted by igpenguin
Hi cyanbloodbane,

I'm not sure how to comment. The color cast is an interesting idea though I feel the picture's execution seem to be off. Then again I may be basing my view on past imageries I have seen, and pictures of "Zen" likeness "usually" exhibit this and that sort of quality.

Like for instance, I can think of balance, soft-lighting, and the colours tend towards warm or neutral. But that is just my limited perspective.

You have made a deliberate attempt at making the picture, and I'm sure you will be able to make better pictures in your own style persevering at it. Who are the photographers whose style you like?

And probably you weren't as mobile as you wanted to be at the location?
Haha, point noted. Yes, my impression of zen image are usually those that are B+W with soft lighting etc, but I wanted to try something a bit diff. In this case, I was actually hoping to make the waterfall take a silky effect with long exposure, but looks like the exposure just arnt enough.

As for why the blue cast, cos I am a sucker for things blue.

And yes you are right, I am indeed not as mobile as I wanted to. Am surrounded by a huge crowd of Japanese tourist and have been ousted out of the best spot.

:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.