Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkat

Mar 5, 2005
Please comment constructively on ur views. Thanks ;)

Went out with czjena at boat quay after the shootout on Claire ... took some evening shots

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

#1 & #3 seems to be suffering from tilting problems.
As for #2, its abit to cluttered to be classifed as zen...
For #4, the angle does not seems to work for me...

Thats my personal view. cheers :)

purplephoenix said:

#1- agree , some tilting problems
#3- Deliberate tilt at this angle.. however i feel it is better to crop tighter

Thanks for the comments :)

purplephoenix said:

When i composed that "ZEN" and the hairdresser, i find that tilting can creates better dynamism, if you don't believe take that to PS and you WILL find it boring and less lively. Tips: don't stick to the norm (norm like what most singaporean junk-prostitution-artist do), try with your own angle and view, experiment to reveal your true SELF!
Good Luck

Wished you didn't crop the word 'ZEN' in the last image, angle is fine for me......anyway, the word ZEN has been used for so many things that doesn't have much to do with what it means.....minimalism is a better word.....

Hong Sien

IMHO, the tilt dun work for me as I dun the relevance. Maybe more drastic angles may just make it better.The focusing is also not sharp nor clear in the 1st Pic and makes me confuse on the subject matter, Is it the clock that u are focusing on?

The second pic is just to cluttered and lack focal point/theme.

Anyway, this is just my point of view. If you are happy with the results, as a hoobyist, then ur objectives are met

razor said:
IMHO, the tilt dun work for me as I dun the relevance. Maybe more drastic angles may just make it better.The focusing is also not sharp nor clear in the 1st Pic and makes me confuse on the subject matter, Is it the clock that u are focusing on?

The second pic is just to cluttered and lack focal point/theme.

Anyway, this is just my point of view. If you are happy with the results, as a hoobyist, then ur objectives are met

Kitkat what happened to our photos here? couldn't see.
Well when both of us took the shots at that moment, its quite disappointing as the sun setting soon and we are along the pub, then out of sudden across the road we saw people in this barber shop cutting hair at about 18:45 (Est.) We also noticed the mirror that breaks up the entire frame, in between shows the barber and the customer (in quiet dialogue; we are outside the shop). I decided to make the hair-cutting the details of the juxtapo zen theme. if you have chance you will notice most of my shots breaking up the normal line, as i am learning not to be just another "Fine Art Artist", or crudely: bending myself down expecting a thrust from back. i s*it that action!

That day i admit it was quite dark, too dark for my 6x9 mf camera, so i used kitkat's dslr, but the worst is noticed here as blur. i still stand in for non-battery camera. if i am not wrong, the iso for dslar d70 is more than iso1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.