Zeiss Milvus lenses

Prices not cheap, I think is manual focus lens//

Prices not cheap, I think is manual focus lens//

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/4298453101/zeiss-introduces-high-resolution-milvus-slr-lens-family

Another family of lenses from Zeiss. At least this time, they didn't only start with a 35mm and 50mm.

They taking over the former ZF.2 range.... FULL Manual focus and weather sealed also.

And more cost at USD $1200 - $1850 EACH.

I'm happy with the original ones though.... waiting for the 25mm (alr amazing) or 28mm (needs improvement!) one to be replaced then might grab one.

They are also for Canon... this should go in another forum section perhaps.

Some said it's not easy to focus with DSLR using the VF. Apply to all other manual lenses. Especially shooting wide open using the confirmation dot.

Some said it's not easy to focus with DSLR using the VF. Apply to all other manual lenses. Especially shooting wide open using the confirmation dot.

These lens have been designed with longer throw then your usual AF lens which makes it easier to focus when you turn them. true this may not be the lens i buy to shoot sports or anything that needs a fast focus.

Reactions: fatigue

Entry level unit = small poor viewfinder and dot

Mid Grade unit = still a small viewfinder optimized for AF lensing

Pro Grade unit = big bad boy viewfinder...arrows and dot. Much easier to work with.

This is how I shoot my camera 90% of the time...old manual lenses. Plus you can scale focus with them.

Last edited:
They taking over the former ZF.2 range.... FULL Manual focus and weather sealed also.

And more cost at USD $1200 - $1850 EACH.

I'm happy with the original ones though.... waiting for the 25mm (alr amazing) or 28mm (needs improvement!) one to be replaced then might grab one.

They are also for Canon... this should go in another forum section perhaps.

Death to the all-mechanical lenses!

Might be just me but I really don't like the design of the new Zeiss lenses. Used to have a Touit 12mm and I find the smooth surface horrible to grip on.

Keeping my Distagon 15mm.

Death to the all-mechanical lenses!

Might be just me but I really don't like the design of the new Zeiss lenses. Used to have a Touit 12mm and I find the smooth surface horrible to grip on.

Keeping my Distagon 15mm.

I had the (fuji) Touit 12mm and 32mm, and I agree the surface was quite horrid.

I'm hoping for a budget 15mm from Zeiss :p

$Zeiss-Milvus-lenses.jpg

Nice ! ;)

Seems most people prefer the Older ZF.2 CLASSIC (more compact also) and not the "new" ZF.2 MILVUS range... makes sense when only the 50 and 85 f/1.4 had optics revisions done!

Last edited:
I read somewhere these are made for newest high MP sensors...

I read somewhere these are made for newest high MP sensors...

Only the 50 1.4 AND 85 1.4 MILVUS have been revised..... others all the same optics.

NEW BODY, NEW Weather Sealing. More $ . :)

And for sure their 100 and 135mm NEVER needed revisions frankly.... the 135 is alr near OTUS grade. :)

Last edited: