Zeiss lenses launch dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMC

Sep 4, 2004
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
Japan`s shops are already informed of the rough launch timings for the new Zeiss Lenses. 1st to be out is the 50/1.4 which comes in 2 mounts, Nikon Ai-S mount and 1 with the M42 (no clue what is that). The other lens is the highly anitcipated 85/1.4, Ai-S only.

50/1.4 - Launch in Feb
85/1.4 - Launch in April

Dont kill me if I got the mounts wrong, I am only recalling from the notice poster.

TMC said:
Japan`s shops are already informed of the rough launch timings for the new Zeiss Lenses. 1st to be out is the 50/1.4 which comes in 2 mounts, Nikon Ai-S mount and 1 with the M42 (no clue what is that). The other lens is the highly anitcipated 85/1.4, Ai-S only.

50/1.4 - Launch in Feb
85/1.4 - Launch in April

Dont kill me if I got the mounts wrong, I am only recalling from the notice poster.
AFAIK, the M42 mount is screw type mount. Can be fitted and use for others cameras than Nikon.

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
AFAIK, the M42 mount is screw type mount. Can be fitted and use for others cameras than Nikon.

Regards,
Arto.

M42 is a screw thread mount first seen in Contax. It was later used extensively by Praktica for their cameras so it is also known as Praktica M42 to some. It was through Praktica the M42 mount become common in Japan and adopted by Pentax which also come in the form of Pentax thread mount. As this thread mount is non-proprietary and become commonly adopted it is also known as the universal thread mount. Dispite so many different names, they still mean the same thing. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Artosoft said:

Regards,
Arto.
The problem with the M42 adapter for Nikon is that the flange distance is too long, so there is a piece of lens on the adapter to correct the focus. This alters the focal length a little and adds a bit of distortion which is why M42 lenses are not popular amongst Nikon users. For other makes like Canon, the adapter is just a mechanical ring.

There's no need for the adaptor for the Nikon-mount Zeiss lens because it's already... Nikon mount :D

adamadam said:
There's no need for the adaptor for the Nikon-mount Zeiss lens because it's already... Nikon mount :D
Only now. :)

I wonder if the 50/1.4 can be reverse mount for macro like the existing nikkor 50/1.8??? :bsmilie:

both these lenses are manual right?

alechim said:
I wonder if the 50/1.4 can be reverse mount for macro like the existing nikkor 50/1.8??? :bsmilie:
Of course can.

Regards,
Arto.

alechim said:
No reason why cannot. :)

idor said:
dun be :bheart: you can work hard and maybe 1 day you will also be da king.. :bsmilie:
yeah yeah..so long you can de-throne him

TMC said:

50/1.4 - Launch in Feb
85/1.4 - Launch in April

just looking through the post again and saw that the initial post quoted a release date of Feb for the 50 mm.....

just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything else.....seeing that we are at the last 2nd day of Feb?

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.