Zeiss 35mm distagon 1.4 zm

Is the lens available in shops? Any idea how much is it selling?

Just checked: lens is already available at Cathay.

Just checked: lens is already available at Cathay.

Any chance you can share the price? Don't think they'll like 50 people calling them within the next hour :p

Haha. Don't know the proper forum etiquette for posting prices. But the official retail price, if I heard correctly, is $34XX.

Haha. Don't know the proper forum etiquette for posting prices. But the official retail price, if I heard correctly, is $34XX.

would be interested if less than $3000

Oooh price is very competitive. Should be tempting for most :)

Last edited:
anyone has tried the lens / bought one? Any comments?

This one looks like a really good lens.

managed to get hold of one of two copies Cathay has in stock. Lens build is really good, especially the nice aperture ring. Focusing is smooth too.

in my opinion the IQ is on par with my 35mm F1.4 FLE so it is really good at less half of the FLE price. However, the lens is much bigger and heavier than the FLE.

16508048389_52f55c8b03_c.jpg

Congrats! C'mon show more pics!!!

Congrats black man. This lens is definitely in my list. Only thing is holding me back is the size (and lack of available stock). Will need to see and feel it in metal before i get this. So far test photos looks really good.

Was told that it will be around $2k+. The price is a disappointment and another reason not to give my business to Shriro.

I am with you. Hehe
But you sellibg off M already

pleased to say that i was the other joker that acquired the silver copy of the 35 zm 1.4 lens. it is stunning. sold off both my FLE already.

my opinion:

- size is indeed larger. however if you use the square hood with the 35 fle, the viewfinder blockage is similar
- surprisingly for its, size, the weight does not feel all that substantial to me... it will flop forward if you rest it on a table though

- 49mm filters are weird
- focusing is extremely smooth, beautifully precise, mine came in spot on calibrated for the rangefinder of my leica
- it matches the silver m240 very nicely

- the lens is extremely sharp, with no noticeable focus shift.
- zeiss indicates that there are two aspherical elements in this lens, plus a floating element as well
- there is some CA wide open in spectacularly bright light on reflective surfaces, gone by f/2

- having 1/3rd of a stop may take a while to get used to for some people, as i shoot in whole stops, no big deal for me
- i believe that this lens is probably T-stop wise, just marginally faster than the 35/1.4 FLE, but I cannot prove it
- the lens does have a very small focusing "tab" not as big as the Leica ones, but sufficient to aid faster focusing