ZD 50mm F2.0 Macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
wong_se said:
i am sure it is a very good lens. But it is not limited to shot macro and portrait. Look at the pro..how they would use this lens.

http://www.olympus-esystem.jp/gallery_e/wantuch_w/

1st pic from the left (bottom row), 3rd pic from the left (upper row)

wow, really creative. now if only i can persuade my gf 4 practical lessons! hehe:lovegrin: fat hope !

drakon09 said:
Nope, just handheld and AF, and after that, tired eyes. :bsmilie:

hehe, im still mastering it, cant get it right. it always sharp and clear ONLY horizontally from da center, cant get da whole subject.:sweat: btw nice spider, remind me of NS! ( go f.... spider ) kekeke:thumbsup:

ahh~~~ is there anyone who is selling this lens ? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

kinda tight in budget.:cry: :cry:

how about that 35mm macro lens?

IMO, if you are really into macro photography, say, insect shooting, the 35mm F3.5 is actually the better option.

What you get is greater 2:1 magnification vs the 50mm F2.0 1:1. Also, when shooting insects, you want as much depth of field as you can get, so you will not miss the larger aperture.

If you prefer to have larger working distance for macro photography, both lenses will not satisfy you. Wait for the arrival of the Sigma 105mm and 150mm F2.8 macro lenses.

tao said:
IMO, if you are really into macro photography, say, insect shooting, the 35mm F3.5 is actually the better option.

What you get is greater 2:1 magnification vs the 50mm F2.0 1:1. Also, when shooting insects, you want as much depth of field as you can get, so you will not miss the larger aperture.

If you prefer to have larger working distance for macro photography, both lenses will not satisfy you. Wait for the arrival of the Sigma 105mm and 150mm F2.8 macro lenses.

Any idea when SIGMA 105mm macro coming out?

Bought and taken with my 50mm F2.0 macro lens after seeing all the nice pics here (w/o edit):
Melbourne_201u.jpg

This is really a very good piece of lens..like this lens very much! Thank you for the advices.

orislee said:
Bought and taken with my 50mm F2.0 macro lens after seeing all the nice pics here (w/o edit):
Melbourne_201u.jpg

This is really a very good piece of lens..like this lens very much! Thank you for the advices.

Your car I presume? :devil:

siaolang22 said:
hehe, im still mastering it, cant get it right. it always sharp and clear ONLY horizontally from da center, cant get da whole subject.:sweat: btw nice spider, remind me of NS! ( go f.... spider ) kekeke:thumbsup:

Oh don't worry about it, my first efforts were universally panned.

Current efforts are still being panned, just not by everyone. :bsmilie:

That spider was kinder than most actually, he wanted to be shot so bad he jumped on the lens glass...

has there any comparison on this lens with other 50mm lens of other brand?
i've tried my friend canon 350D with 50mm f/1.8 lens. the color are much nicer and more natural and looks like softer compare with my E-500 dual kits lens.

ngeowcs said:
has there any comparison on this lens with other 50mm lens of other brand?
i've tried my firned canon 350D with 50mm f/1.8 lens. the color are much nicer and more natural and looks like softer compare with my E-500 dual kits lens.
You mean that the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 is softer than the 2 Olympus kit lens !!! :eek:

ermmm.. how to put it in word.:confused:
is like malaysia drama (E-500 kits lens) and hong kong drama (Canon 50mm f/2.0)

malaysia drama lighting and color looks abit harsh while hong kong one more soft in lighting and color.

i try to get photo taken by both camera and its lens.

Ya lor... if the default colour saturation, contrast and sharpness of the Olympus E-500 is too high for your liking, then just reduce their settings to suit your taste. It is just like the time when some users complained that Canon DSLRs' default colour, contrast and sharpness settings are too low compared to those of their Canon point and shoot digicams. :dunno:

i borrowed my friend Canon 350D and his 50mm f/1.8 lens and compare it with my E-500 with kits lens.
Environment was in my room with only a Fluorescent light litted. Camera distance is about 2 metres from the object. No flash was use. Focal length is set to 50mm. Shutter set to 1/80,ISO was set to 800 and shutter priority. Both camera was set to auto white balancing and handheld. Only resize in PS.

the first set was Olympus E-500

olympusiso8003fl.jpg

this is 100% crop

olympus100crop4pr.jpg

now is canon set

canoniso8003bl.jpg

and 100% crop

canon100crop4re.jpg

yes i know cant compare with different lens. i only want to know what kits lens can do in the same environment comparing to bright lens :D
and we can see the crop factor of Olympus and Canon.

I don't think the comparison make sense, because we are comparing 2 different kinds of lens altogether. Zoom vs Prime.

Yes, although the ISO and Shutter is fixed, but the E-500 one is seriously under exposed. The aperture setting for both pictures are not shown and they are definately different.

If we are comparing FOV of 4/3 vs APS-C on a 50mm lens, then it's valid.

i know, like i said i just wan to know whats the different, not comparing quality.

Dude, you can't compare an Oly and a C at ISO 800.

Nothing beats a C at noise control... for now

Status
Not open for further replies.