Z2 problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffwy2k

Apr 4, 2004
Clementi
recently i noticed a strange color graduation line in some of my shots taken wit Z2. For example in the attached picture, the bottom right portion shows some obvious color graduation lines. Wondering if it's normal or is my camera got problem.

PICT0421m.jpg

jeffwy2k said:
recently i noticed a strange color graduation line in some of my shots taken wit Z2. For example in the attached picture, the bottom right portion shows some obvious color graduation lines. Wondering if it's normal or is my camera got problem.

hmm.. is it only with this shot or with any other pics? it could be a sensor problem.. then again it could just be light/reflection..

btw, wht resolution/compression was this taken in? if its economy mode at low res that could explain the quality...

deepblue2 said:
hmm.. is it only with this shot or with any other pics? it could be a sensor problem.. then again it could just be light/reflection..

btw, wht resolution/compression was this taken in? if its economy mode at low res that could explain the quality...

nop...tis happened in other photos too(will post up to9). Do hope tis is not due to the sensor problem. Btw, I captured tis picture at fine mode.

jeffwy2k said:
nop...tis happened in other photos too(will post up to9). Do hope tis is not due to the sensor problem. Btw, I captured tis picture at fine mode.

yea.. hope it's not a sensor problem.. all the best...

Uncle Jeff,

It should be alright. You took this shot in bright and heavy lighting background with high iso 200 according to exif. Maybe try recreate another shot with ISO 50 instead.

Hope this helps. :)

wheels said:
Uncle Jeff,

It should be alright. You took this shot in bright and heavy lighting background with high iso 200 according to exif. Maybe try recreate another shot with ISO 50 instead.

Hope this helps. :)

Uncle Roger,

Really? Do u hav any of this similar experience be4?? Jus feel that looks weird and ugly with the color graduation line there. To9 i will post up more pirtures and let u the judge.

jeffwy2k said:
Uncle Roger,

Really? Do u hav any of this similar experience be4?? Jus feel that looks weird and ugly with the color graduation line there. To9 i will post up more pirtures and let u the judge.

i think he's referring to the fact that u're shooting at iso200 which inherently produces a fair bit of noise. try lowering the iso to 50 (since it's so bright anyway) and see if you are getting different results.

try not to use >iso100 unless u really have to.

PICT0402.jpg

PICT0385.jpg

I think this is nothing to do wit the ISO since the exposure shd be the same.
Jus wonder it's the CCD problem or the program problem.
Anyone has tis experience be4 ?

hmm...
According to your exif ...

First picture - iso200, pattern metering, aperture prioity, F3.5
Second picture - iso100, pattern metering, aperture priority, F3.5

The 1st shot, subject looks good and fine (by the way, nice shot) :D but that burning spot ... :thumbsd: . It looks like your cam have some sort of metering or CCD problem. But to confirm this further, try taking shots with the Program mode or with higher f-stops and see if this still happens. If still the same, send back lor. :)

PS: I went thru my old shots (about 3000 shots) with the Z2 but it seems like it is not normal to have such effects .... :)

And worst come to worst ... ask Minolta for refund and go buy DSLR la ... :D

ya... It's really abnormal to have such effect. Will send back the camera to Minolta tml. Btw, possible to ask them to refund ?? :bsmilie: ( just kidding )

So how,

Got a refund? I have been shooting pictures using the program mode, sometimes apperture priority and sometimes shutter priority. So far seems to be ok........

Can look through my photo albums and see if there's anything wrong with my photos? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.