Yunnan - Tibet Route September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

longman

Dec 12, 2002
South
Visit site
I will going to Tibet from Yunnan, planning on End August or Early Sept, probably will be for 20day to a months long.
Anyone interest?

Hi Longman

I am also planning to enter Tibet via Yunnan and to EBC in Sept, probaby around 14 days. Can't take too much leaves due to work.

me interested too...planning for abt 3 weeks only. any estimate on the cost? USD3K?

shld enuf, but i estimate 5K shld be on save side.

For the 14-days trip, the cost tentatively will be approx 4K SGD, more ppl confirm on the trip, most likely can get a better price.

Hi Longman

Yes, it will be a guided tour. Yours trip is a free & easy ?

ya, im not plan to folow guided tour, wil get visa ready fr sg and rent 4WD with driver and free and easy. so place nice can stop, not nice just proceed.
ofcos have to do some plan study 1st for entire trip.

Hi, I'm interested in joining you. I'm a lady but have done quite a lot of backpacking. I'm keen on free and easy kind of trip. Do let me know if you don't mind a lady joining or if there are others.

hi venia,
ofcos u r welcome, me actuallylook fr 3 or 6 togo, 3 fr 1car or for 2 so we can hv car backip each other during the trip.
Can u pm me ur contact we can discuss more furthur.

cheers

we have a meetup to introduce ourselves and also to discuss?;)

ya we can arrange outding photoshot and discuss, but this month my schedule all tide, probable early next month....

When I was in Yunnan last year our driver told us that he would only do the Yunnan-Tibet trip if there are 2 cars as the route is very remote and it's necessary to have a back-up vehicle.

When I was in Yunnan last year our driver told us that he would only do the Yunnan-Tibet trip if there are 2 cars as the route is very remote and it's necessary to have a back-up vehicle.

ya, that is always better to have 2 car, and 6 is the most idea to go...

Had amend the depart as now we will go via Chengdu route, tentative will fly to Chengdu on 5th Sept and start the jurney and estimate 22days, we had rent a SUV, currently got 1 myself plus 2 of my frends from Shanghai.

Myself I will go early, around month end of August I will leave Singapore to HK 1st then take train up to Shanghai and meet up.
I still have enought krisflyer to redeem few ticket (Econ or Biz) depend on SQ seat, I don;t mind to share with my partner here to go with me as long as we're on same trip.

Hi.. is it possible if I can join with you just for 7-10days only? cause 3 weeks it is too long for me.. have to work...:dunno: tx

sorry but our trip had fix for 22dy and no way u can join us in the middle of the trip...

hi longman and everyone going to tibet. Please don't take chances cause the security is still very very tight. Chinese government troops are still stationed along the route. The last people they want to see is group of you carrying camera heading for tibet. Also tibetians may think you're Beijing Journalist covering tibet issue. You may end up with broken cameras than good pictures. My advise is don't take the risk now. Postpone your trip to a later date. May mid next year.

Take good care if you guys still want go!

for people who want to see the tibetan culture, the indian states in both northeast and northwest corners offer very much as well. i also think there is less cultural pollution, but ain't sure. zoeljasa and championboxer, if the 2 weekers can gather a small group, you guys can plan a separate duration and route. 7 days is only good enough for accessible places, so drop the idea of going inland and remote. longman, maybe u can stretch your arm over to sgtravels to look for hardcore backpacker who can often travel for longer period.

just returned from ladakh bordering west tibetan SAR. excluding flight, two weeks only cost us about S$400. probably another less than S$100 is spent for 2 days in delhi.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387049

Status
Not open for further replies.